Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Seville places to stay/avoid during Spring Fair

Old Feb 8th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will be in Seville, Spain April 23-26. On the 26th we will travel to Lisbon, Portugal. The Spring Fair celebration will be in full force and we were hoping to experience some of the cultural celebration. We were wondering if there are areas in the city that are convenient to the fair but not too busy and loud. First time visiting Spain and we were thinking about doing a tour of the celebration with via tours. Is this the best way? I understand that there are up to 5 million visitors during the week so I was hoping to get a little guidance as to what to expect and where to stay. And what to avoid.

We mainly plan to be active during the morning through early evening as we aren't interested in being out to all hours as I have read is typical in many areas. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 8th, 2023, 02:53 PM

All the action during the April Fair takes place in the fairgrounds on the other side of the river, so the center city isn’t really affected. There are city buses that will transport you to the fairgrounds.

This thread gives information about the fair that I wrote to another poster-
Seville for 8 nights/ April Faire

There are public casetas that you can enter where you can get a glimpse of the fun for those who don’t have access to the private ones.
There are companies that do give guided tours of the Feria but I haven’t used them. Some luxury hotel concierges do provide access for their guests.
Old Feb 8th, 2023, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, that is very helpful.