Seville-best area and hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!! I've booked a 4day trip to Barcelona in April and now we're thinking of extending it to Seville for 3 more days. I'm checking hotels right now, but i have no clue what is the best area to stay. We want to be in the 'action'. (in Barcelona we're staying in the Born district).
So please if you have any suggestions and recommendations i would love to hear them! Thanks!
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:37 AM

When I go to Seville I like to stay in the area around Cathedral I think it is called El Arenal for instance the Hotel Hi Tec called Petit Palacio de Santa Ana, is in this area and has an excellent location.
Nearby Santa Cruz might also be a nice area to stay.
Santa Cruz has become lately a major tourist district.
The hotel PSA is very nice in a totally renovated building look for it in hitech.com. IT is four stars , rooms do not have good views because it was an old manor house of some bishop. I liked it anyway.

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:48 AM

sorry their address is
high-tech-hotel.bookassistant.com

There tons of sites that offer discount rates but at the end of the day you might find the best rate in their own site. They vary a lot sometimes from day to day.
The buffet breakfasts are very good. So it makes a big differene when it is included. Of course you can always go to a cafe and save big, but you cannot compare a coffee and something light in a cafe with a full buffet in these hotels.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:53 AM

Good Lord, I made a mistake AGAIN
the real one is
high-tech-hotel.bookasist.com

I did not paste it and it is long, and also I am in the moon , sorry. But try through them first.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 05:05 AM

Easy answer. Hotel Dona Maria. It is absolutely in the middle of the old town, right across from the cathedral. The rooms are nice, bathrooms nice, and is is walking distance to EVERYTHING. We didn't touch our car in the three days we were there. They have a pool too, but it won't be open in April.

There is a HUGE fair in April in Seville. Feria de Abril or some such thing. If you will be there then, then you will have a much harder time finding lodging, but it would be fun to attend.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM

Stay in the beautiful Santa Cruz area that is an easy walk to all the key sites. We loved the Amadeus Hotel.

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 06:27 AM

cristine:

On our most recent visit to Seville, we also stayed in Barrio Santa Cruz...a delightful neighborhood, easy walk to Cathedral, etc. The beautiful litle hotel on a quiet side alley, "Las Casas de la Juderia" is our favorite...total old Sevilliano in every respect, fountain in the lobby atrium, large rooms (ask for #10), excellent buffet breakfasts included. Rates now appear to be under $150...see link:

seville.las-casas-de-la-juderia.tobook.com/Spain...

stu T.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, i'll check them out!
They've replied from Hotel Alminar and they have availability and it's number 1 on trip advisor. (plus, we like this minimal decor).
Has anyone stayed there? (they say it's close to the cathedral.. is it in a good position?)
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Anything close to the cathedral & Barrio Santa Cruz is an excellent location.

Here is Dona Maria's website.

http://www.hdmaria.com/lang/english/index2.html

And TripAdvisor is rarely wrong.
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
ComfyShoes

Download Maribel's guides (google it) for multiple suggestions. Also check out www.hotelalminar.com.

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM

Look into the Amadeus hotel. It is located near the cathedral and is not only luxurious but also reasonable. We loved it.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the suggestions!! I've just booked at hotel alminar!
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM

Christene-
You are in for a real treat staying at the Hotel Alminar. It's my favorite Sevilla hotel and I return there every year.

The location is wonderful as it is outside (but a stone's throw from) the Santa Cruz area which is very touristy and very centrally located.

The reviews on TripAdvisor are 100% on the mark.