Senlis and Chantilly

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Paris

Senlis and Chantilly

Anyone done this as a day trip out of Paris? Been to Paris 2 times before, also been to Versailles. Thought this would be a nice day trip. Any input on your experiences, particularly w/Senlis. My search here regarding that town revealed little. Also, I would be interested in any transportation connection tips. Thx.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 04:40 PM
xxx

topper

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Tommy

Have been to Chantilly....take a train from Gare de Nord & it's about 30 minutes. You can walk from the station to the Chateau. Chateau Chantilly is an excellent art museum, plus it's more famous for the nearby stables. It's also adjacent to a popular racetrack. It's a good day trip, especially on a Sunday when not much is going on in paris.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Christina

I've been to Chantilly which I liked very much, but not Senlis. I think you won't find much on here because not that many people go there, probably because it's not direct. I think you have to take a bus from Chantilly to Senlis, although it's only about 10 mi so could probably take a cab. I've been meaning to go sometime as I've seen most other obvious daytrip destinations, but somehow there was nothing that compelling or unique about it that has drawn me yet, from what I've read. I'm sure you've read about so know what's there. Maybe some day I'll make it. I was actually a little more interested in going to Provins, but that also is not a direct route. I don't speed through my sightseeing, so spent a full day in Chantilly, although if you don't want to spend that much time there, you could combine both in the same day.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Sally

Try to search for Senlis- I have mentioned it before. We have spent a couple of days there several times. It is one of our favorite places to get over jet lag. It is a medieval town- very picturesque- great for walking-several old churches- good places to eat- one of my favorite outdoor markets, and it is close to Chantilly which is a lovely chateau.
It is a 20 minute drive from CDG, or you can check train schedules from Paris.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:05 PM
tt

ttt