Senior Trip to Amsterdam

Sep 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Senior Trip to Amsterdam

We are planning our senior trip to amsterdam in december, i'm the one responsible for setting it all up, so i just wanted some suggestions and ideas about fun things to do in amsterdam. besides sightseeing and museums, we want something fun to do? nightlife?
thanks
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM

I found the little "Let's Go Amsterdam" guidebook extremely helpful for my first trip.
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM

What do you mean when you say "we"? Your entire school class? Your closest friends?

You say that you are "responsible for setting it all up". What, exactly, does that mean? Do you have to arrange flights and hotel rooms? If you do, who will pay if someone drops out?

If it's an entire school class it may be difficult to find a hotel or hostel that is willing or able to take all of you. It may also be difficult to get everyone on the same flight. A smaller group would be much easier.

Amsterdam is a nice city. I found it easy to get around and communicate in English.

I don't much care for nightlife, so I can't help with that. But you need to decide, as a group, what happens if someone gets into trouble while having fun. The coffeeshops were quite visible and could be a temptation for teenagers. Not sure what the age restrictions are on that, since I wasn't interested in going inside. But you need to have clear rules on that and on things like alcohol or bringing in outside sex partners into shared rooms.

Ok. Now I'm sounding like a boring old woman who doesn't know how to have fun. And maybe I am. It's been a long time since I was a teenager.
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM

By senior, do you mean school kids, or older persons?
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM

Go and get stoned! Legally (for a change).
Sep 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM

You don't need to worry about activities to do, those will take care of yourself after you arrive. If you are truly in charge of "setting it all up" just concentrate on plane tickets and a place to stay, those are the important things to get in order. Finding something fun to do in the evening in Amsterdam is easy (go to Leidseplein square and see if the fire dancers are performing, that's something I came across by accident one evening that was pretty great).