Notices

Seeking Athens tour group for two

Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeking Athens tour group for two

Hello
Can anyone recommend a tour group/guide service that my wife could use when we are in Athens the week of Oct 14th..
Would like to tour Athens, Delphi and Cape Sounio..or what might you suggest??
When would be the best day to tour Athens? the Sunday or a weekday? does it mater??
We are staying at the CoCo Mat Athens not far from the Acropolis.
We are in our mid 50's would
we arrive from the US Saturday evening and leave for Rhodes weds lunchtime
If anyone has recommendations on guides..would be much appreciated..
I'd walk around on our own..but don't know the area at all..nor the language...and I know we are on limited time!.
If you have ideas for Rhodes..let me know..we are staying in Lindos weds/thur/fri and leaving sat morning..
I'm thinking that wen we land in Rhodes we visit the town and then head to Lindos and not go back and forth..until we need to go back for the Flight Home..
If anyone knows tour guides/companies in Rhodes or Lindos..please do let me know!
Thanks for any and all ideas!
Dan
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 04:27 PM
kja

Feel free to use a tour guide if you prefer, but note that Greece -- and all the locations you mention -- are very easy to visit on your own. You won't need to speak Greek (although people will be very appreciative if you learn at least a few basics, like thank you and hello). A good guide book or two should prove invaluable -- I found the Michelin Green Guide and Rough Guide particularly useful, but you have a wide array of options.

If you haven't already seen it, you might find some useful information in my trip report. The section on Athens begins with post # 158. Cape Sounion is just before that; Delphi a bit later; I didn't visit Rhodes. The trip report is searchable.
With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 05:08 PM

We did a private walking tour of Athens with PK Travel: https://www.pktravelgreece.com/. We did the 4 hour tour, Acropolis, Acropolis museum, etc. It was outstanding, our guide was great and really made it much more enjoyable than doing it on our own. They offer a wide variety of tours, so not sure if you would be able to use them for everything you have on your list, but I can recommend them at least for the Athens portion.
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 05:39 PM

Athens tours- Athens-Walks.com
Rhodes-Rhodes Town- Have a meal orvteo at Hatzikelis - fabulous seafood!
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 03:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much...I see that their tours leave from Piraeus..however we are staying downtown..not far from the Acropolis for a few days.
I wonder if we can pick the tour up there?
Thanks for the lead!
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to add..that we are staying downtown during our time in Athens...and then flying out to Rhodes on weds..lunnchtime I beleive
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 04:26 AM

For PK Tours, the tour we took was from downtown Athens. We were staying right near Parliament/Syntagma Square. Our guide met us at our hotel and we took a tour of Plaka, then up to Acropolis, etc.
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 06:24 AM

Oops, hope this won’t be a duplicate post but here it goes....
definitely suggest pk travel, we used them last year for a full day, private tour in Athens and transfer to the airport the following day. Excellent customer service and they will arrange anything you wish including pick up and return, be it to a hotel, cruise ship, etc. If interested just send them an email with your proposed itinerary and ask for a price, you won’t be disappointed. Wonderful company and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend or use them again.
Enjoy your travels.
susan
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 06:49 AM

One of the most recommended Athens tour companies is https://www.athens-walks.com/ . Kostas, the owner, is a former Evzone (presidential guard), and has both private and group tours. The private tours can be tailored to individual needs. Just check out the ratings of this tour company and you will see what I mean.