Search

Seefeld

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 08:29 AM
Harry

Seefeld

Does anyone know anything about Seefeld, Austria? I may be spending a week there in August.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 04:16 PM
David

Harry <BR> <BR>I last stayed in the area 12 years ago (although it only seems like yesterday) at Mosern, but toured arounfd the area to Seefeld and Innsbruk. <BR> <BR>I suggest that you look at: <BR> <BR>http://www.tiscover.co./tirol <BR> <BR>and go from there <BR> <BR>Enjoy Austria <BR> <BR>David

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 04:17 PM
David

Harry <BR> <BR>Sorry about the typo. <BR> <BR>It should be: <BR> <BR>http://www.tiscover.com/tirol <BR> <BR>David <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:23 PM
HS

Been there 3 years ago. Nice town, you can take a gondola up to the moutain for some hiking.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Miriam

Hello Harry, <BR>Seefeld is a really neat and beautiful village. It`s close to Innsbruck and has nothing of the skitowns which you`ll find in France, buildings with 14 stories and things like that. You can fly into Munich, as well. There`s a beautiful lake with a church aside near the village center where you can skate in the winter. Seefeld is mostly known for cross-skiing, the tournament of the Olympic Games were held there. Of course, downhill skiing is also very popular. I truly can recommend one very nice hotel, the "Hotel Alpenrose", with a lot of pools, very good restaurant and great rooms. If you don`t want to spend too much there are many little B&B`s and small hotels, called "Pensionen". <BR> <BR>Kind regards <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Miriam

Ohhh, <BR>I`ve just seen that you`ll be there in August-so forget about the skiing comments. There`s plenty to do in the summer, as well. And you are lucky, because prices will be lower than in the ski-season. <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 05:00 AM
john

Hi Harry: <BR> <BR> <BR>I have skied in Seefeld about 10 yrs ago. It is a fairly popular area for cross country skiers. It is a beautiful villiage between Innsbruck and Garmish, Germany...and that will be the beauty of it! You can stay quaint in Seefeld, or you can visit the larger towns of Mittenwald, Garmish and the biggest one of the three Innsbruck. I love that area...have a great time...I will be passing by Seefeld in May, I will be posting my trip when I get back <BR>JOHN