We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery