Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Searching for the Cat and the Fiddle English pub.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 1999, 03:03 PM
frank santiago

I need help trying to find the location of a <BR>English pub.I am looking for the Cat and the Fiddle,i belive its in the Cheltenham area. <BR>Thanks

Old May 23rd, 1999, 03:52 PM
Sheila

Whilst it may well exist, I suspect you ae being wound up. <BR> <BR>The Cat and Fiddle is the slightly disreputable ppub in "the Archers" a daily radio soap here, which is very popular. It's in Ambrigdge which is somewhere near Cheltenham too

Old May 23rd, 1999, 03:53 PM
Sheila

Whilst it may well exist, I suspect you ae being wound up. <BR> <BR>The Cat and Fiddle is the slightly disreputable ppub in "the Archers" a daily radio soap here, which is very popular. It's in Ambrigdge which is somewhere near Cheltenham too

Old May 23rd, 1999, 05:20 PM
Ron

On the other hand, the famous Cat and Fiddle is in the Peak district, on the A537 between Buxton and Macclesfield. I believe one of its claims to fame is that it is highest altitude pub in England. It was not open on the afternoon I walked past, so can't comment on anything other than its lonely, windswept location.

Old May 24th, 1999, 09:37 AM
Sheila

Whoops!