Reload this Page >

Sea View House in Doolin

Search

Sea View House in Doolin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 09:05 AM
terry and nancy flynn

Sea View House in Doolin

has anyone stayed at the Sea View House in Doolin, Ireland? your comments? Do you have a telephone so I can contact them...thank you

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 10:37 AM
Bev

I haven't stayed at Sea View. The telephone number for Sea View is 065-74826. Look under the messages for Harbor View for comments on other B&B's in Doolin.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 11:03 AM
Gina

If the Sea View is the B&B run by Darra Hughes (I can't remember the property name for sure, but it sounds like the right one), then yes, I've stayed there, and liked it very much. We were there this past February and wished we could stay longer--cozy home, lovely room, beautiful living room with turf fire, and very nice hosts. I'd highly recommend the place. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Raleigh

Can't help on the B&B - but we really liked Doolin (were there in May). You may already know this, but it is known for its music, so head out to one of the pubs for an enjoyable evening of chatting with the locals or other tourists. They start pretty late (9, 10 or even 11 sometimes), so you might want to have a scrumptious dinner at The Lazy Lobster. Doolin also has a fabulous shop for sweaters, home "stuff," etc - The Doolin Craft Gallery - leave your wallet in the car. There's also a very pretty Pitch and Putt course. <BR> <BR>If you have no luck with your B&B, we stayed at the Doonagore Farmhouse - very nice (36 Punts). If interested, email me for their number. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip!

Old Aug 15th, 1999, 12:39 PM
Pete

Sea View is one the best B&Bs I've used in Ireland. Large rooms, friendsly hosts. One minor issue; they have a "communal" breakfast table for 8-10 guests, as opposed to private tables. I'm not always up for casual conversation with strangers at 8:30 in the morning, so for me this was a (minor) drawback.

Old Aug 15th, 1999, 02:41 PM
Gina

Almost forgot--if you're in Doolin, do *not* miss the yummy beef stew in Guinness at Gus O'Connor's pub. Ambrosia, especially on a chilly day.