Reload this Page >

Scotland Weather

Search

Scotland Weather

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 1998, 06:43 AM
Patti Pierce

Scotland Weather

I'm planning a trip to the Eagle Hotel and golf at Golspie Golf Club and Royal Dornoch Golf Club. Does anyone have information on the weather in Scotland, i.e., the best and/or worst times to visit? <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 28th, 1998, 12:21 PM
Tony Hughes

Thats the easiet weather report to file in the world, Patti . It rains almost every day in Scotland. We are the rain capital of the world. Our summer, if you can call it that, never really gets going - about 25 degrees centigrade is the best we can do and thats not often. Winter on the other hand starts about october and can go on til about april - 2 years ago it got down to minus 25 degrees centigrade and that was before the wind chill factor was added. the Stellarossa advice is to ring a raincoat at all times and also throw in a fleecy jacket as you may need to wear that underneath. Mail me if you need further details.

Old Oct 29th, 1998, 02:50 PM
kam

Many year ago we took a trip in October to Ireland where it rained for 7 days and then over to Scotland where it rained for an additional 5 days!! We did however, discover the joys of sitting in small pubs drinking either beer with the Irish or Scotch whiskey with the Scots. (I think we were feeling better in Scotland, but Ireland was a slight bit warmer!!) If you're going to play golf, get some really good advice and know that the Scottish courses look nothing like ours!! Enjoy the Scotch--straight up, never mixed with water or seltzer! <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 01:01 AM
Kim Donohue

Hi Patti, my husband and I are on assignment for a few years in Ireland, but lived in England for a few months. Visiting Scotland a few times, my best advice, a warm hat or scarf to cover the ears and any type of gloves that would still allow you to play a good game of golf. A few whiskey's might help kill the wicked wind chill that tends to whip right through you if you don't have a good coat! Have fun!

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 08:06 AM
Tom

Patti, Spent two weeks, from July 31 through August 12, this year. Weather was vey good. Had minimal rain, primarily intermittent showers. The temperatures were around 64 to 68 each day. At times it was windy but the weather was very good, even with a few periods of mistiness. The weather isn't perfect but the people are the friendliest that we've seen. It also warms up when you sit in a nice pub and drink a few pints of Tenants Lager! Only bad weather item...it rained all day and all night the opening night of the Military Tattoo. A couple of days before, I met a Scot and asked him what you do if it rains for the tattoo. He said...you get wet!