Reload this Page >

Scorpions in Italy?!

Search

Scorpions in Italy?!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:42 AM
bugs

Scorpions in Italy?!

Is it true? Are they dangerous or just a nuisance? Planning a trip to Amalfi Coast. Will I have to check my shoes?

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Carey

don't let something like bugs inhibit your trip! Bugs are everywhere! I didn't see one in Amalfi, but I did see lizards, mosquitos, and other creatures I could not recognize. I still had too much fun!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:08 PM
betsy

Dear Bugs <BR> <BR>Pick up Sandra Swanson's A Summer in Tuscany for a funny description of scorpions in their villa near San Giminagno . Also vipere and serpente! But don't let them keep you at home--I've been to Italy three times and have yet to see one of the critters.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:29 PM
bugs

Betsy - thanks for the lead, but should I read it before I go, after I return, or while I'm there?

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Kate

Had to deal with them while staying on a ranch in New Mexico. They are shy creatures and would scury away. Keep your eyes open and just treat them the way you would spiders..ie leave them alone. <BR> <BR>KD

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:05 PM
bugs

Thank you all - I'll not let bugs bug me on my upcoming trip (I just wish the villa had screens!).

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Linda

I wouldn't worry about the scorpions (in 3.5 years, I only saw one tiny one, and it ran away) as much as I would mosquitos! No screens, huh Bugs?

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 02:06 PM
buggybutnot

Rex - ever heard of this one?!!