Schull bookstore

Search

Schull bookstore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schull bookstore

Read about a bookstore in a house in Schull. Now can't find it. Has anyone been there? Thanks
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:46 PM

good,

I've been to Schull, and the only book store that I'm familiar with is Fuschia, located on Main Street. I don't recall, however, if it's located in a house.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

Is the Schull/Mizen Head area worth a special effort to see with 8 days in Ireland? Rest of time concentrating on Dingle, Doolin, Galway and Connemara
Thanks
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:57 AM

good,

West Cork is a truly wonderful destination, chock full of pleasant, atmospheric villages, most of which are well removed from the main tourist trail. You could spend the better part of a week touring the countryside, popping in and out of friendly pubs, taking a ferry out to islands such as Sherkin and Clear. Some of the towns that are worth seeking-out include Clonakilty, Kinsale (lovely, but very touristy), and Castletownshend). If you'd like to learn more about West Cork, Cadogin Guides publishes a fine and highly detailed book concerning Southwestern Ireland.

Finally, as to your eight-day stay, if you'd like to include the West Cork countryside, I'd suggest that you drop Connemara and save it for another visit to Ireland. (That's a tough decision to make given the attractions of Connemara.) Consider the following eight-day itinerary:

Days 1 - 2: Dingle
Days 3 - 5: West Cork
Day 6: Kenmare (Spend an overnight in this town, perhaps spending the better part of a day touring the scenic Beara Peninsula.)
Days 7 & 8: County Clare (See the Cliffs of Moher early or late in the day before or after the tour buses; explore the Burren).

A possible option would be add one day to Dingle, subtract one from West Cork. Day one is typically slow-paced as you try to stay one step ahead of jet-lag. Dingle really warrants two full days' exploration.

Best of luck.

Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:50 AM

If you want to concentrate on Dingle, Doolin, Galway, and Connemara, then I think you might be spreading yourself too thin to include Mizen Head in your 8 day trip.

West Cork and Mizen Head are wonderful, but if I had to choose between them and Connemara, I'd go with Connemara.