After much deliberation and support from fellow fodorites, I planned my Spain & Paris trip this Aug. Just like all of you, I ran pillar to post to submit gazillion documents for the application (hate paperwork but yeah I know it’s a necessary evil!).
Within 8 days, I hear from the agent that my visa has been approved by Spanish embassy. Happiness follows!
Then the visa agent’s delivery boy comes to hand over the passport to me. I inspect each letter on the visa (as I always do) to ensure all is ok.
What do I realise?
The embassy has mentioned correct “From” date and their “Until” date of visa validity is good one week beyond what I need for this trip. So all ok till now.
BUT, they have wrongly calculated the “Duration” of the trip as only 10 days! Good one week short of my itinerary, which was duly mentioned in the covering letter, supported by flight bookings & hotel confirmations submitted at the time of visa application!!
Despite making a thorough and systematic file AND engaging the services of a professional visa agent, this fiasco happened. With exact 2 weeks to go, I’m trying to finish office work before I go on long leave. I am going to be traveling a lot within the country for work & personal reasons for the next 2 weeks.
When I spoke to the agent, his answer was shocking! He said that as the flight tickets were not done through him, he did not check the validity of the visa issued! I told him that he had access to my travel plan when I submitted all my documents for application. Ideally, this should have been mapped against actual visa approval to ensure all was in order. This is the minimum to be done in lieu of his visa facilitation fee. Anyway, I was told I should re-apply requesting for rectification of the mistake citing earlier application. I am also supposed to re-submit all my papers again! Here I was, making plans to catch some sleep & peace in the evening (TGIF) before I start traveling tomo morning. And now, I am making another covering letter and obtaining stipulated originals of visa documents along with set of itinerary (flight + hotels).
Anyway, I am too excited about the trip to let this affect me. I’m hopeful all will go right this time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Croatia in mid/late October
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 9 Help with Venice Trip?
- 10 Dubrovnik
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Norte Dame light show!
- 17 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 10 Days in Austria
- 22 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 23 Greece in end October
- 24 Champagne Tours
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017