Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Scenic drive suggestions between Annecy and Avignon area (one day)
Notices

Scenic drive suggestions between Annecy and Avignon area (one day)

Jun 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Scenic drive suggestions between Annecy and Avignon area (one day)

Hello!

We will be driving from Annecy to the Avignon area on a weekday later this month and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a scenic route with fun stops. We will be leaving Annecy after breakfast and would like to arrive in Avignon around dinnertime. It would be really nice to not take the autoroute the whole time!

We would be looking for some pretty and scenic countryside driving with not too much scary mountain driving as I'm sure there is plenty in that area. Any must sees - must eats along the way? If it were you, which route would you take?

Thank you!
Jun 9th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Original Poster

Wow, no replies - does anyone have any suggestions? I've done a lot of research but not a ton of info on this route!
Jun 9th, 2014, 11:33 PM

How about heading south from Annency, following the foothills of the Alps all the way to Forqualquier and then due west through the Luberon to Avignon. Pretty much non-stop spectacular scenery, limited autoroute driving, some mountainy bits, but not bad realtively and plenty of places to stop along the way !

- Kevin

Search this Thread