Search

santa chiara?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:05 PM
jack

santa chiara?

going to Rome next February. Friends recommended Hotel Santa Chiara. Good choice? would appreciate any help with location, price, cleanliness etc. Thanks

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 04:27 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Jack The SANTA CHIARA <BR>has been up a couple of times in the last few monnths. Have not stayed there <BR>but did check out its location when we <BR>went tothe Church of the Minerva. It is a three star hotel with 98 rooms and is <BR>located one short block south of the <BR>Pantheon, the Rotunda, There area around the Rotunda can be very noisy <BR>at night but would think the rear rooms <BR>of the Hotel would be much quieter, <BR>there are plenty of ristorantes and shops around and you are about five <BR>mins walk to the Pza Navona.. Try www.venere.it for additional informations,..Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Ruth

Do a search for Santa Chiara and see what you find. I know I've responded to this type of inquiry once or twice in the last month or so. If you can't find anything, post again and I'll give more info from our stay there in Sep. 1998. We really liked it and are booked in again for this fall.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Chuck

Jack, <BR> <BR>Just stayed there with another couple, May 17-21, 2001. Thoughts: <BR> <BR>Location - perfect, best attribute of hotel <BR>Breakfast - great, large for Italy, cereal, juice, coffee, meats, cheeses, rolls, toast, danish, yogurt, fruit, etc on buffet. Started at 7:00 which was great for us as we are early risers. <BR>Noise - no problem, but we did both have interior rooms, not sure about street rooms but street and piazza was pretty quiet (it is 1 short block from P. Rotunda) <BR>Staff - helpful, spoke great English <BR>Cleanliness - room was clean. My wife is a clean freak and she was fine. Not as clean as a Marriott in the US (i.e. the chair had a water stain from someone placing a wet towel on it) but for Europe, we thought is was great. <BR>Bathroom - large and very clean, great water pressure. Our room (343) had tub but only 1/3 shower door so you had to stay towards the front or risk getting bathroon wet. <BR> <BR>Overall - hard to beat! Hope this helps <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 08:04 AM
Marj

We were there in March. It was very nice. Not affected by noice from the piazza in front of the pantheon, the hotel is location a caouple of blocks behinf the pantheon (away from the piazza). Ther is noise from the street though. with windows closed it's fine. We had to open windows because it was very warm out the the a'c isn't turned on in the building until may. That did make it difficult to sleep. They do have rooms away from the streets that probably wouldn't have this problem at all. we were in a quad at the end of a hall facing via argentina. The hotel lobby is lovely and breakfast is outstanding. The rooms are clean and comfortable but not exactly charming in decor. The location can't be beat. I think for the price it's a great choice.