Sanfermines, cancelled for 2nd year in a row

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2021, 01:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mayor of Pamplona-Iruņa has just announced that the world renowned festivity of Sanfermines, also known worldwide as the "running of the bulls" or "encierro" in Spanish, has been cancelled this year too. The huge attendance that is normally expected to arrive on these dates has been considered as extremely risky, due to the current pandemic.

Most likely, the rest of the runnings of the bulls held in Spain are expected to be also cancelled.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not surprised. I have a friend who is a guide there and he told me a couple months ago he was getting a lot of bookings, but he did not think it was going to happen. I just watched, on YouTube, the Sun Also Rises - the 1957 film based on the Ernest Hemingway book. It is not a great film but would be interesting for anyone who wants to see the running of the bulls and some nice Pamplona scenery. And Eddie Albert and Errol Flynn getting hammered.