San Isidro Festival in Madrid

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We plan to be in Madrid May 11-15 and I understand that this wonderful festival surrounds May 15. If we depart the evening of the 15th will we really miss out? Or are there plenty of activities building up to it that week? Also, is it a madhouse getting out to the Meadow where some of the festivities occur? We don't want to brave huge crowds, especially on public transit. Thank you!! (our alternative is to depart a.m. of 16th, but our hotel that last night, the 15th is for some reason much more $$$ and it will squeeze our time on other end of the trip).
Old Mar 24th, 2024, 11:15 PM

The schedule of San Isidro events around May 15 hasn’t been published yet but there will certainly be a concert or concerts on the Plaza Mayor and the Jardín de las Vistillas adjacent to the Palacio Real or Retiro Park.
Perhaps Revulgo can fill you in on what the atmosphere is like at the Pradera.

Look for the schedule of events to be posted here later:
www.sanisidromadrid.com

www.esmadrid.com
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ksachnoff
We plan to be in Madrid May 11-15 and I understand that this wonderful festival surrounds May 15. If we depart the evening of the 15th will we really miss out? Or are there plenty of activities building up to it that week? Also, is it a madhouse getting out to the Meadow where some of the festivities occur? We don't want to brave huge crowds, especially on public transit. Thank you!! (our alternative is to depart a.m. of 16th, but our hotel that last night, the 15th is for some reason much more $$$ and it will squeeze our time on other end of the trip).
I'd guess your hotel is more for 5/15 due to San Isidro. We'll be in Madrid from 5/10 thru 5/13 and our hotel prices were elevated and I assumed it was due to the fiesta de San Isidro.