San Guzme, Tuscany

Search

San Guzme, Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Guzme, Tuscany

My family & I will be staying at a friend's villa in San Guzme, can't even find it on a map . . . lol Anyone know anything about it? This will be our first trip to Italy & very excited. I hear Tuscany is beautiful.
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:14 PM
cmt

That's not an Italian name. Are you sure it isn't San Gusme?
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

I'm sorry, yes. it is San Gusme. It is near Castelnuovo Berardenga.
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Hi Joalang51, I agree with cmt, believe it is San Gusme, which is near Siena in Tuscany. Does that sound correct? I looked on my "Touring Club Italiano" and it is not on my map either. Probably San Gusme municipal government is part of Siena and so consequently if is just a little country area outside of Siena.

Do you have to drive to the villa. If so you better get real good directions from your friends, LOL.

Tuscany is beautiful Joalang. Lucky you. I would be real excited also.
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Hi Joalang, did you find Castelnuovo Berardenga on your map? I found it on mine. CB is about 20 miles east of Siena. Good road to it from Siena. Enjoy!!
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I found CB on the map & I believe San Gusme is near it, as well as, not far from Siena. Actually, two of my husbands clients (older Italian couple)have been offering their villa for yrs but he felt funny about saying yes. Turns out this couple is selling the villa & asked us again so hubby said, ok. One of their daughters lives in Italy so she has given us directions from Rome. I hope we find this little place, luckily we will be driving during the day, as there are no lights. This should be fun. . . lol
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:04 PM
cmt

Found it. It’s spelled San Gusmè. It’s not separately incorporated, but is part of the comune of Castelnuovo Berardenga. http://www.comune.castelnuovo-berard...ni/index15.php

Here are some photos:

http://www.chiantinews.it/articolo.asp?ida=391

http://www.comune.castelnuovo-berard...rtolinasan.jpg

http://www.ursea.it/gite/San%20Gusm%...Gusm%C3%A8.htm

Old May 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, CMT. I'll tell ya, it's a far cry from Long Island, NY. Looking so forward to it.
Old May 30th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Jualang, what a wonderful invitation! And how nice their daughter is in Rome in case you have a question or something.
You should be fine driving there. Glad that "we" found it, LOL. Enjoy every precious moment. Hope you can tell us about your trip after you return home. Best wishes.
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

I certainly will let you know how it was.
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:33 PM

Joalang, sorry about some of the comments on your other thread. Pay no attention, please.

The first time I went to Italy there was a beautiful women's shop I went to. The owner did a lot of travelling throught Europe. She put together a wardrobe for me. How simple that made my life.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:39 PM

Hi! When you go to S.Gusmèl ook out for the statue of Luca Cava, its right at the entrance of the tiny village. The statue shows a men crouching doing.....well ehm yes....how do you say..... evacuating! If you put together Luca + Cava =Lucacava and if you prounounce it with a Tuscan accent it means he was shitting......in September they have a feast in the village, the feast of Lucacava.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Get out, r u kidding? . . . lol That's kind of gross. Nice statue to have & isn't it a wonderful reason to have a feast . . .lol I will look for it & LoveItaly, thank you very much.
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:16 AM

Uh Joalang, I would ignore that post.
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

So, I gather that post from pixypixy wasn't true . . . lol What idiots both of us are. Thanks again, LoveItaly. So, I gather no one really knows anything about San Gusme?
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:27 PM

Hi Joalang, well someone here is an idiot but it is not either of us

Joalang, I was curious about San Gusme too so I went onto Google. There are tons of websites but they all seem to be from various rental agencies. Evidently there are a lot of villas in that area. I did read there is a beautiful 14 century wall around San Gusme. And that one should have a good map, drive slow and drive during the daytime. But there is not an official website for San Gusme. I would say with all the beautiful villas for rent that you can be assured that you will be in a very lovely spot. Can I come along as your personal assistant, LOL.

I truly this this will be a vacation you will all always remember.

Maybe if cmt sees this thread again she can tell you something about San Gusme since she knew the correct name.

But anyway, why don't you google it, I think you would enjoy looking at all the various websites. Best wishes.

And watch out for the trolls, LOL. Take care.
Old May 31st, 2005, 05:58 PM
cmt

Loveitaly: I had never heard of the place. I just knew that "San Guzme" didn't look like an Italian name (the "guzme" part actually looked Turkish to me), so I guessed that there might be an "s" instead of a "z" in the name. Then I simply used Google to find the information and photos as well as the spelling (with è as the final letter). There are websites about the comune of Castelnuovo Berardenga http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...enga%22+comune and pictures of San Gusmè on the Internet http://images.google.com/images?q=+%...;hl=en&lr= . I posted links to some of these on one of my earlier posts. But there were a lot more and they come up pretty easily on Google.
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks to Loveitaly & CMT. As far as who the idiot was, I certainly didn't mean u, Loveitaly. I felt like an idiot believing that crap but the poster is the real idiot. Thanks again.
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:26 PM

Oh Joalang, I knew who you meant, LOL. For a moment I thought, when I read that post "whaaaaat?". Then I saw who wrote it. Too funny (but not).

Have a beautiful time in Tuscany. Please let us know how your visit went. I truly believe it will be like paradise.
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:21 PM

Hi everyone. I'm very offended to have been called an idiot and would like some apologies. The feast of Luca Cava is on the 16th of September in S.Gusmè that is close to Castelnuovo Berardenga in the province of Siena.
If you click on the link below you can see a picture of the statue of Luca

http://www.afvejanese.it/LUCA%20CAVA%202001-01.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -