Reload this Page >

San Gimignano area hotels - help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 01:59 PM
Terri

I'm considering the following hotels in the San Gimignano are - can't get any of the town hotels: <BR>Hotel Vecchio Asilo <BR>Hotel Ristorante Da Graziano <BR>Albergo Le Colline <BR>Relais Santa Chiara <BR>Hotel San Michele <BR>Palazzo Mannaioni <BR> <BR>Anyone stayed at any of these or have first hand info?

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:48 PM
Jan

Hi Terri! We've stayed at Relais Santa Chiara and Hotel San Michele. Totally different worlds. Santa Chiara is more resort-like and VERY close to town; San Michele is an average 3-star and a bit farther away. What time of year, and what are you looking for? <BR> <BR>Ciao, Jan.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 01:49 AM
run

Hi Terry, <BR>In my experience Albergo Le Colline is better than Hotel Vecchio Asilo, but it is difficult to find a room.If you need an help there is a girl Catherina who has worked there and has helped me. E-mail [email protected]

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 02:37 AM
Donna

Dear Terry, <BR>We stayed at a beautiful place about 5 minutes away from San Gimignano (if you have a car). It was beutiful! If I remember correctly we paid around 100 dollars. I think it was called Hotel Pescile. I could look it up if you are interested. Let me know on this thread. <BR>Donna

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 06:21 AM
sandi

Did you try L'Antico Pozzo in town? We stayed there and it is a beautiful hotel on the main street. <BR> <BR>http://www.anticopozzo.com/

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 08:41 AM
Terri S.

None of the hotels in San Gim are available - this is for September - this is what I'm finding available: <BR>Hotel Santa Chiara <BR>Hotel Da Graziano <BR>Hotel Le Colline <BR>I guess the first 2 are within walking distance to town which is nice - but I can't tell how nice Da Graziano is (cheaper than Santa Chiara)

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:10 AM
sonia

We also stayed at the Hotel Pescille a few years ago, liked it very much. Found it after it was featured on CN Traveler magazine's Room with a View page -- our terrace had a wonderful view across vineyards to the towers of San Gimignano, a short drive away. It was quiet and comfortable, with good service. Price was reasonable as I recall -- had a lovely garden with pool, set amongst vineyards. There was also a very nice restaurant. We would definitely stay there again.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 02:33 PM
maria

La Cisterna is a lovely hotel in the very center of town. i don't know their web addr or e-mail, however.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Charlie

The Santa Chiara is right outside one of the town's medieval gates; a few minutes walk. I don't think you can get any closer without being inside the town; it's not necessary in this case because SG is not a very big town; much smaller than Siena and more like Montepulciano. Very nice place with friendly staff and a view overlooking a valley; front driveway at night looked like a Mercedes showroom.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 04:46 PM
anon

Terri, when in Sept. are you planning to be in San Gimignano? I'm about to cancel a 3 night reservation for late Sept at Antico Pozzo. Does that help you at all?