Search

San Gimignano

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Gimignano

3 couples staying outside San Gimignano for 6 nights. 1 day in Florence, 1 evening cooking class...ideas...wineries places we must see and do. We will have a car
thanks
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:38 AM

There are no rules about what you must see or do. What sorts of things interest you?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:52 AM

I've noticed that you haven't had answers to your other questions about Italy. I don't mean to criticize you, but generic "What should I see?" questions tend not to get many responses. We don't know anything about you, so it's almost impossibile to make recommendations. If you're an avid fan of Italian art, or if you have a passionate interest in ancient history, or if you're looking to add to your collection of designer handbags, someone here could advise you. Otherwise, there are whole guide books of general advice about Italy, and it's impossibile to condense it in a nutshell.

​​
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

sorry for posting twice

Last edited by Canland1; May 22nd, 2019 at 12:04 PM. Reason: didn't mean to post twice
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your feedback. We like to hike, sight see, not necessary big museum types. As for shopping heard the outlet mall outside Florence is fantastic. We are just looking for suggestions for other areas in the San Gimignano area that others have liked or ideas as what to see. This could include wineries, different towns etc. I hope this narrowed this down a bit.
thanks
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Tuscancy

And yes, I have posted several questions about our trip to Italy. And, I have multiple guidebooks that I am quite capable of reading. I just like to hear what fellow travelers have to say as to what they like to see and do. We actually are wide open as we have about 16 days in Italy this summer.
I hope this answer is satisfying.
thanks
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Canland1
And yes, I have posted several questions about our trip to Italy. And, I have multiple guidebooks that I am quite capable of reading. I just like to hear what fellow travelers have to say as to what they like to see and do. We actually are wide open as we have about 16 days in Italy this summer.
I hope this answer is satisfying.
thanks
Might I suggest reviewing other poster's trip reports of Tuscany? That is where people really go into what they like to see and do in the respective regions. Responding to a "general" post about "what to do" is only going to send you in this same circle of people asking what your interests are. Like hiking... most people don't want to do that on a trip and others definitely may (like you). Which, personally, I know nothing about but maybe someone will...