Reload this Page >

Saint Germain 6e Resturants and sights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 01:09 PM
Sharon

We will be spending 3 days in Paris. Our hotel is on Rue De Rennes. We are seeking information on reasonable fun resturants(outside dining) and the sights to see in the area. Any Buses, trains, and subways near by? <BR>Thanks <BR>Sharon

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 01:31 PM
AC

Hi sharon: <BR>There are several buses that run on Rue de Rennes. The termianl for alot of them is a few blocks up by the Montparrnesse Train Station. The Metro is right on the corner. <BR>There are wonderful cafes all over the place especially on Blvd Montparnesse <BR>though I can never remember the names of any. I just stop in which ever one strikes my fancy. <BR>Have a great time!

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:35 PM
marianne

Just got back from a week in the sixth- <BR>you can book restaurant reservations through bestofparis.com. I recommend l'alcazar, l'epi dupin, rotisserie d'en face. There are also many lovely cafes around. <BR> <BR>Marianne <BR>

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:48 PM
Pam

Just was there about 3 weeks and stayed on Rue Jaycob. <BR> <BR>The subway, St Germain, is to the right of the church Saint Germain, there is a food stand and it is just past that. Bus 95 is right in front of the church. <BR> <BR>Well you have to go onto of the arch and the eifel. D'Orsey museum, Louvre for Mona is a must too. Have lunch in Luxemburg park when and if it is not raining. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:04 PM
Jayelle

Rue de Rennes runs between Boulevard St. Germain and Boulevard du Montparnasse. There are several metro stops along this street (St. Germain des Pres, St. Sulpice, Rennes), so you won't be far from one no matter where your hotel is. The entire area around St. Germain is very walkable. It is full of upscale shopping, and there are plenty of restaurants and cafes. Sights right in the area include St. Germain des Pres and St. Sulpice churches, and don't miss the area around Rue de Buci and Rue St.-Andre des Arts. If you like chocolate, go to Maison du Chocolat. Also, the Grande Epicerie at Le Bon Marche is also worth a visit to pick up picnic supplies. However, probably the biggest attraction in this area is the shopping. <BR> <BR>St. Germain is very centrally located, so you can easily walk to the sights in the Latin Quarter. You're also within walking distance of Ile de la Cite and Ile St. Louis. From my hotel on Bld. St. Germain, I also found it easy to walk across the Seine to the Marais. Of course nothing is far by metro, but I found the St. Germain area a great base for walking to surrounding attractions.

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 08:19 PM
Capo

Hi Sharon, a fun & quite reasonable restaurant I always enjoy in the 6th is the Restaurant des Beaux-Arts. It's at 11, rue Bonaparte, is right across the street from the the prestigious École-des-Beaux-Arts, from which it takes its name, and is filled with paintings which allegedly were done by students over the years in exchange for meals. <BR> <BR>Someone else mentioned Rue de Buci; there's a great little street market there. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:47 PM
James

To the top!