sail charter in cyclades

Nov 29th, 2001, 07:50 AM
greg

sail charter in cyclades

we are six people going greece in sept.we would like to know if anyone has information on a charter company they used.we are trying to sail from athens to santorini for seven days and then be dropped off in santorini to continue on our own.
thank you, greg

Nov 29th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Grasshopper

Greg, I've used GPSC charters. (see www.gpsc.com) They were fantastic. I understand they do the one way charters.

Nov 29th, 2001, 11:45 AM
greg

thanks grasshopper!
i looked it up online and found out they are located in philadelphia about ten minutes from where i live.there sending me an information pack.
thanks again,
greg

Nov 29th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Grasshopper

Greg,

You're very welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions while you make your decision. If you get a skipper, I recommend Spyros.

Dec 12th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Vera

Greg, if you're still reading notes--we chartered a private boat and hired the captain. I happened to know the owner of the boat through an on-line conversation, but doing a search on the internet turns up lots of possibilities. One thing for anyone to consider, sailing into Santorini is not the easiest thing to do for small boats, and there are very few docking spaces. We took the ferry over from Paros and the captain stayed there with our sailboat. Anyone considering sailing in the Aegean...It is a wonderful experience and cheapter than you would imagine!