Search

Saga Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 06:29 PM
Rose

Saga Tours

We are considering the Saga Cruise tour Agean & Mediterranean and would like any info on this tour or any Saga tours.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 07:51 AM
Mary Jayne

During the ;years, have traveled with both Saga and Grand Circle Tours and have good luck with both. Last fall went to Malta with Saga and everything was well taken care of. Of course there can be hitches on any trip so you have to be a little flexible but both companies give good value for the dollar.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 09:25 AM
ann

When are you going on this trip as I do <BR>not see it in my Saga brochure. I have been on the Saga Rose.We cruised in the baltic. We were so impressed that we <BR>have booked another cruise with them this year. They are a friendly and efficient company and we can recommend <BR>their service. However, i have never tried a land based holiday with them so <BR>cannot comment on those. We have sailed with Cunard on the vistafjord and thought the Saga Rose (which was previously owned by Cunard) was equally <BR>as good if not better.

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Kavey

My parents did their first Saga tour last year (land based). <BR> <BR>They enjoyed the holiday and said most aspects were fine but got incredibly frustrated by the overly sedate pace. <BR> <BR>They are in their 50s but found it a little too slow paced. I know they found it annoying at each stop that it took at least half an hour for people to get back on the bus, time which they could have spent doing stuff. <BR> <BR>Of course, this wasnt Saga's fault, many travellers had the physical frailties of life experience and the pace suited them more. <BR> <BR>They said they would look to saga again in another decade or two as everything else was well organised and fine. <BR> <BR>Kav

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 04:35 PM
lola

Saga is known for catering to older folks, so even if you are 60 plus if you're especially vigorous you may find the pace a bit slow. But good rep.

Old Jan 22nd, 2000, 11:42 AM
Bob K.

Went with both Saga to Spain and Grand Circle to Portugal and Spain. Good value, good food, good tour guides and interesting itineraries. Leaving tomorrow Jan., 23 with Saga for Vravrona, Greece for two weeks. They booked us on Swiss Air, a one stop in Zurich, both directions. Will fill you all in when we get back. <BR>Bob K.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 10:05 AM
Bob K.

Rose: <BR>Our second trip with Saga just ended. Vravrona, Greece for 2 weeks with half- day or full-day tours about every other day to see some sites, temples, museums, Athens, etc. Lunch and dinners OK, but wish they had more to choose from in the AM. Kind of monotonous. Too, the bagged lunches on the all-day trips left a lot to be desired. Grand Circle stops at restaurants on those trips. Hotel entertainment was good too. Our second trip with Saga and we'd go again to Malta or perhaps Majorca with them. We would cruise with them! <BR>Bob K.