Safety in Numbers

Jun 27th, 2001, 03:33 PM
sandi

Safety in Numbers

Thought I might inject my thoughts on safety, now that we seem to be the most hated people in Europe (thanks to Bush, Clinton (the dog) and a few too many handouts to Israel, no matter how they behave. Keep an eye out for trouble, watch your backside, don't leave labels that identify you on your luggage, or in plain sight, cautious with the credit card (tear up all receipts), don't willingly let go of your passport, don't tell too many people too much stuff about you that could be used to your disadvantage, keep political 0pinions to yourself, and in other words, keep a low profile. Have the telephone number of the American Embass in your shoe, and some loose American dollars to bribe your way out of trouble. If you feel you are being followed, go in to the nearest establishment and wait it out. These are good rules at all times, and especially now.

Jun 27th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Buyer

Welcome back troll Sandi... where on earth have you been lately. Over at the Thorn Tree shutting them down? Wrecking havoc on Frommer's... ahh so nice of you to bless us with your so dull and and banal posts setting out to frenzy us all up... thanks sooooo much little Sandi troll

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:27 PM
sssss

go take your meds sandi yoour paranoia is showing

Jun 27th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Watch

Sandy:
Since you've been gone, maybe you haven't heard. It's "bust a troll" week here at Fodor's. The US forum even has a learning thread on how to do it. They've been squashing trolls right and left lately. For your safety you should go back into hiding for awhile.
Just trying to be helpfull.

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:07 PM
i'm sorry i

I'm not so sure this is a troll- it's simply too clumsy and painfully obvious. It seems more likely that it came from an overbearing personality that thinks it knows it all when it doesn't really have a clue.... "watch your backside"-wow, what a brilliant observation! Let me write that down so I don't forget! "keep a low profile"- Hmmmmmm, does that mean walk like Groucho? "keep an eye out for trouble" Neither of my eyes come out!

Jun 27th, 2001, 07:04 PM
qqqqqqqqqq

LOL- How about this scenario- "What did ya see in Europe?" "My backside" Also, how are you supposed to check your credit card bill if you tear up your reciepts?

Jun 27th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Thanks

Oh, now see, Sandy, you've ruined all my fun! I was SO looking forward to going to Europe and "willingly let[ing] go of my passport" to anyone who wanted to swap! I wanted to be frivolous with my credit card (offering it to flower vendors on the street) and carry the number of the American Embassy in my pocket, not my shoe. But the biggest disappointment of all is that I must "watch my backside." It will be difficult to "keep a low profile" when limping down the street from the bulge in my shoe and keeping my head thrust over my left shoulder. As for being followed, I bet the sight of me taking all your advice will draw quite a crowd, But, if you insist...

Jun 27th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Greg

Is Sandy the mistress of all trolldom?

I still say your typical troll probably spends the entire day at his-her computer terminal trying to stir up trouble. Many are probably 350 pounds and only get up to get themselves another bag of doritos.

You see trollers in just about every forum. Many are on the politcal boards.

They get to say things in a internet forum that would never dare saying face to face. Mostly out of fear that you would put your fist in their faces.

Anyway, as a newcomer to this forum, but not a computer newbie since I've been knocking around doing this internet thing for 7 years now, is this Sandy the head mistress of all trolls? ;-)

Jun 27th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Mistress??

I'm sure she's a legend in her own mind.

Jun 27th, 2001, 08:12 PM
sorry to top

"now that we seem to be the most hated people in Europe" Who's this "we"?

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:48 PM
trolltrolltroll

Welcome back, sandi. How's your backside lookin'?

Jun 28th, 2001, 03:07 AM
sandy c(new bern)

hi,

i have been posting alot lately about paris and london and just wanted to make sure you realize that the poster above is sandi not sandy c. i think europe is wonderful and safe. just wanted to make sure you knew i was a different person than above. do i need to make sure of this each time. does she post stuff like this all the time?

sandy c(new bern)

Jun 28th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Andrea

This post reminds me of a comedian I saw once on TV.

He was wondering why, every time he would tell his parents he was going on vacation (or to the movies late at night, or walking alone in the city, etc.), they would always holler after him: "Be Careful!"

His response: "OH, gosh, THANKS for reminding me!! I was JUST thinking that I should take off my clothes and tape hundred dollar bills to my body before I left, but now that you've reminded me to BE CAREFUL, I won't. THANKS!!"

Jun 28th, 2001, 09:55 AM
poetic justice

I'm so inspired, I thought I'd give this a try...

Sandi, a real whamma jamma,
a flame throwin' mama,
who is really phat,
but don't say "fat", 'cause she just HATES that!
Throwin' messages of hate of the Fodor's board, trollin' around til she's got a lot scored.
She can't stand the tall, the fat,Dems or the GOP,
"Bigot" is the word that fits her to a "t"!
Sandi thinks we're all so dumb,
but if that's true, why's she a troll to some?

Sand Dee, yeah, baby, Sand E, oh yeah!

Thank you, thank you very much!

Jun 28th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Cindy

Actually, it might be a good idea to have a Fodor's list of safety pointers. I'll suggest the following:

Don't tell anyone that you're going to Europe. If no one knows you are on the continent, no one can rob you.

Jun 28th, 2001, 01:41 PM
;-)

Wooooooooooooooooo!
Go pj!
Go pj!
Go pj!
It's you birthday!
Go! Go! Go! Go!

Jun 28th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Omigosh!

Holy ****!!!!!

It's Trollapalooza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 28th, 2001, 07:39 PM
joy

I am new to this forrum. What is a troll?

Jun 28th, 2001, 07:47 PM
mumbo

two kinds of trolls
1. they post controversial things like this one to stir people up. Could care less about travel issues.
2.like me, who foolishly extend the foolish dripple, so forgive me in this case.

Jun 28th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Betsy

Sandi,
....and you travel because?????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO