Reload this Page >

Safe cheap hotel in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 04:30 AM
Elspeth

I am going to Florence in September with my mother, and we are looking for a safe, cheap, comfortable hotel. Shared bathroom would be ok, we are looking for a twin room for no more than L130,000 per night B&B. Does anyone have suggestions? We are considering the Casci or the Maxim, but we are a bit nervous as we had a very bad experience with a cheap hostel in San Francisco 2 years ago.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Sandy

I've stayed at Il Bargellino several times . . . if you do a search, it should come up with all the details. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Mel

I've stayed at the Fenice Palace--just a few yards from the Duomo and within walking distance of the train station. Very small, narrow hotel with nice clean rooms, private baths, tiny elevator, good breakfast included. Unless their rates have gone up in the last couple of years you should do okay. Sorry I don't have address info.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Joan Farrell

We stayed at the Hotel David, south of the Arno River about a kilometre from the Pitti Palace. It was a lovely small hotel, with breakfast included.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Tejas

I stayed at Hotel Il Perseo and liked it very much. The rooms are basic but very clean and nice. Great location. Ask them for a room in a quiet location <BR>[email protected], http://www.venere.it/it/firenze/perseo/ Nice staff. We had a shared bathroom which was well kept.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 10:41 AM
chuck

stayed at ANTONIA "HOUSE" affittacamere di valentina baroni in nov of 99. no breakfast but very nice double room close to train station and shops and resturants. laundrymat next door. cost was100,000 per nite. stayed 3 nites. also nice private bath with shower and bidot. was off season but who knows. <BR> <BR>address is Via Faenza 12 1 Piano <BR> 50123 FIRENZE <BR>tel/fax 055 2396247 <BR> <BR>would go out of my way to stay there again. have a nice trip.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Marty

Elspeth: We stayed at the Aldini which was literally around the corner from the Duomo--less than 1/2 block--on Via Calzaiuoli. We had room 105 which is shown on their website. It was large with a fairly new bathroom. The breakfast was not exciting, but it was filling and included in the price. We found it in Cheap Sleeps. www.pronet.it/hotelaldini.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Beth

I second the Il Perseo. Stayed there a few years ago. It is run by an Australian couple, if I remember right. Was very clean and we had a room with a private bathroom. I don't recall the rate, but I'm sure they'll gladly respond to your inquiry. It also included a "continental" breakfast. Loved their bread! <BR> <BR>The location was also great. Just a 10 minute walk from the train station and about 2 minutes to the Duomo.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Pat

If you decide to stay at the Casci, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's very centrally located, very clean and comfortable, has safe deposit boxes in the reception area for guests, and the owners and staff are helpful. My mother, sister and I stayed there last September and found it good value, although the breakfast was nothing special (good coffee, though).

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 06:16 AM
brownie

We stayed at Pension Ferreti and it was great. IT is within walking distance to everywhere else. We paid about L120,000 for a double room with attached bathroom, yes that was including breakfast and internet access. <BR> <BR>Please send me an e-mail if you'd like more info. <BR> <BR>Brownie.