Ruthin Castle

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 06:18 AM
Joe

Ruthin Castle

Has anyone stayed at the Ruthin Castle Hotel? If so, I'd appreciate your input. We are considering staying there one night and also doing their medieval banquet. Thanks!

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 02:46 PM
joe

Anyone, anyone?

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 04:54 PM
Anne Mackey

check Rick Steves website, I think he recommended it as something to do. It might be in one of his "back door" books. Not much info, hope it helps though

Anne

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 04:20 AM
Pam

Hi Joe - Yes, I have stayed at Ruthin and highly recommend it. We had a room in the "old" part of the hotel (I understand there is a newer section in the back which doesn't have quite the same atmosphere). Our room was on the third floor, had a fireplace and huge cedar closet and it overlooked the mountains! We dined in the hotel itself (not next door where they do the banquets) and had a wonderful meal, followed by coffee in the "drawing room" , which is beautifully decorated and a lovely way to end the evening. Go - I'm sure you'll enjoy youself!

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Kathy

We didn't stay at the hotel, but we did do the medieval banquet (2 years ago). I've always wanted to do one of them and figured that England would be the best place. The food was decent, the entertainment ok, but it was pretty $$. When we went, there was no one there other then fellow Americans. I don't regret having done it, but once was definitly enough. I don't think I'd plan a whole trip around it or do it if there is a more interesting alternative. Rick Steves does mention it in his England book. Wales was great! If you want specifics about the castles, let me know (of course, I'll admit to being predjudiced, since I got engaged there!).