Russia river cruise

Search

Russia river cruise

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russia river cruise

I would like to do a river cruise but in a different way. All the cruises I see include the land time in Moscow ans St Petersburg. I would like to be independepent in the cities,book a hotel of my choice, do what I would like to do and only go on the cruise for the 5-6 days while on the boat. Is there a company who will do that? Many thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:41 AM

I am curious about this as well and hope someone responds.

I am SURE there cruises that are "just cruises" with any hotels in Moscow and Petersburg booked independently but such cruises are almost certainly intended for Russian natives. Is there someone who speaks/reads Russian (a travel agent?) who can help you?

SSK, RechFlot, and Tur Flot in the link below all APPEAR to do what you want but I can't make heads or tails of their websites.

You (or a surrogate) definitely need to TELEPHONE them to inquire, however. Best of luck.

http://www.waytorussia.net/Transport...c/Cruises.html
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:52 AM

What are your dates of travel (approx)? River cruises in Russia begin in the end of April. It is possible to arrange a cruise like you want but to be able to advise more I need more info.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

i would like to go in either may or june so I can participate in the white nights. Any ideas are welcome
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Well, of course, you can do this, but most cruises have a few days tacked onto each end. In other words, your "hotel" on the ship and the free tours there would be missed, and you've paid for them. We thought of doing this, but when we looked at the price of hotels and meals in both cities, we decided to stay on the ship.