Rue Cler apartment

Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rue Cler apartment

We are considering a fall vacation in Paris, and think we may have found an apartment. Have any of you stayed in the Rue Cler apartment from vacationinparis.com? Or comments about their other apartments?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:22 AM

We (a family of four) stayed in the "Eiffel Hideaway" for five days in 2004. Is that the apartment you are considering?

My comments would be mostly positive. The agency is very easy to work with. They send you the keys in advance of your trip, and directions to the apartment. It is not "fancy", but clean and the furnishings were relatively new. It has 1 and a half bathrooms--very important with teenage girls. We could have used more towels, but otherwise we had everything we needed and did not ever need to call the concierge. There is no view out the windows. The spiral staircase to the front door is a bit difficult to negotiate with luggage, but after that was fine.

What really makes this place great is the location. The street is very quiet, yet we were just a block from Rue Cler and, most importantly, the bakery. We cooked "in" most evenings, and the girls enjoyed the experience of shopping for the food. After dinner, every night, we walked over to stroll the Champs de Mars and see the Eiffel Tower.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! It's the same company, but a different apartment, hopefully it will be ok, too
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:17 AM

We stayed int apartment downstairs in the same building as the Eiffel Hideaway. I would have to agree with Nora's comments. The Company is great. The apartment was small, nothing fancy but certianly comfortable. We had a little patio which we did not use because of the cold weather. The location was superb. I have learned to bring a few old towels and wash cloths from home and leave them there. Every apartment we've stayed in was a bit stingy on the towels. We had a washer in the apartment but no dryer
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM

We stayed in their historic apartment in Feb. '05. I agree that the company was easy to work with, and the "comfortable but not fancy" statements. I can also attest that the photos were not at all misleading.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:01 PM

I stayed there as well in February in the Garden Studio apartment. We had 60 degree days so we did use the patio. The studio wasn't fancy but it was roomy for two and the kitchen was decently equipped. In addition to the Rue Cler market there was a fromagerie just a few doors down and a bakery, too.
Turn the radio to 89.9 and listen great American and French jazz. For the money, it was a very good value.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:10 PM

The weather was really cold when we were there in November 05 so the apartment felt a little on the dark side because the kitchen window was shuttered on the outside and the outside patio doors were also shuttered, so if I had a complaint that would be it. Otherwise, for the money I thought it was a really good deal. I liked having that Futon to lounge on and watch TV. Having to sit on the bed to watch TV is a drag. The bathroom shower was really good too.

Apersuader, Did you like the location of the historic apartment? Someone complained that there was a noisy pub and construction in the area. I'm tempted to rent that apartment next time we go.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:10 PM

On a separate thread, I have linked an article from "The New York Times" last Sunday. I will link it here as well:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/tr...=5070&emc=eta1

It is about traveling in Paris on a budget. I was delighted to see that they mentioned Pascal Zytomirski for rental apartments. He tends, in my experience, to be a bit cheaper than the big ticket agencies. I used him in 2001 and have referred many others to him.

There are other tips about saving money now that the euro is sky high and the dollar is worthless.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM

Please note, you have to register with The Times website to access the article.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:22 PM

If the apartment is the one bedroom one, labeled "Rue Cler Spirit", did you note that it is on the third floor (fourth floor American)? No mention of an elevator. Don't know how agile you guys are, but four floors after a long day, might put some folks off.

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM

NOTE: I am reading the NYTimes article right now and did not register. One never knows with the Times when thier website will require it and when it won't. It seems hit or miss. (Of course since I register as things like "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS" I always have to re-register when it decides to ask me to log in)
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM

Well, someone else had difficulty reading the article. I initially put it up on a thread about Pascal Zytomirski, but realized no one would see the other good information in the article that way.

It is nice to see that someone I essentially discovered by accident when I, more or less blindly rented from him, has hit the big time. I had such a good experience with Pascal and he is cheaper than the big ticket agencies.

I did email him to congratulate him and he assures me he is not raising his prices due to the article. Perhaps, however, he is going to have much more business.

Now that the dollar is so pathetic, each one of us has to cut corners to travel on a budget. Apartments, in my opinion, are the way to go--unless, like me, you home exchange.

I am going to Vienna, Austria, on a swap this summer. So many places to see, so little time to do it.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM

To Suzanne:

There is a pub Le Tambour that is at the end of the block. It's hours are 6:00 pm to 6:00 am. Since we stayed in February, the windows were closed, but with them closed, I did not hear anything that would wake me . . . except one morning when a group of school children 5 or 6 years old, I'd expect were queing outside our window. Now that did wake me up! No construction at the time. . . location is great for transportation as Chatelet-Les Halles was a block and a half away.