Royal Windsor/Metropole

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM
gg

Royal Windsor/Metropole

Both of these hotels offer good weekend rates. Which one would you prefer?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Ruth

Blackpool, Brussels, Hong Kong?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Ruth

Actually, I guess you mean Brussels. I've stayed at the Metropole and found the rooms large and comfortable, but the best is their public rooms - highly decorative, especially the ground floor breakfast room (much nicer than the lower ground floor one - but only one is open at a time) and the cafe. No idea about the Royal Windsor.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:35 AM
tom

What city??? If you do mean Brussels put it in your subject line. Then people who know anything about Brussels will be more inclined to read it.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 12:58 PM
kelly

My husband and I (early'ish 30's) stayed at the Royal Windsor a year ago. It was fantastic - definitely 4 star quality. Smallish rooms but very nicely decorated, fabulous lobby with a hospitable piano bar with a great bartender that is open until the wee hours. Location is immediately around the corner from Grand Place. Continental breakfast was included but you could order it in your room for just a few dollars extra and my husband swears they had the best bacon he has ever had - and he's Canadian!!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:03 PM
gg

Brussels. I posted the question on the Belgium board forgetting it would also be on the Europe board.<BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:25 PM
tom

gg: Maybe a little lesson is in order. There is no Belgium board. There is a Europe board. Clicking Belgium only allows someone to search for Belgium, nothing else.