Reload this Page >

Royal National Hotel

Search

Royal National Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Dale

Royal National Hotel

This is our first trip to London and will be staying at the Royal National. How would you rate it for being clean and in general a nice place to stay. Do they have a restaurant or a bar. Just anything you would like to share. Thanks Much!

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 09:40 AM
A Blurb

The Royal National is the largest hotel in central London sleeping in excess of 2000 guests. <BR>Located on Bedford Way in the heart of the West End, this 2+ star venue offers the tourist on a restricted budget the chance to have a great location with most attractions being very easily accessible by foot. Within walking distance are Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and Leicester Square / Theatreland. The British Museum is less than a 5 minute walk. The nearby Russell Square Underground Station offers a direct journey to Heathrow Airport and the Heathrow Airbus stops in the hotel courtyard. This hotel offers a reduced car parking charge in secure premises. <BR>All bedrooms have a private bathroom, colour television and satellite channels, direct dial international telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Recent refurbishment has created the popular new Pavilion Bar and self service restaurant. Within the public areas are gift shops, bureau de change, several bars and restaurants including a Chinese restaurant and a traditional English pub. <BR>In our opinion this is a good value for money hotel taking into account the prime central location which will offer the visitor a saving on transportation costs and travelling time due to its proximaty to most attractions. Rooms are adequate but not oversized.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 09:53 AM
Lidija

Stayed there in 92 before doing a Contiki bus tour. I know its changed alot since then but that it is still where Contiki tours depart from and most people stay before and after their tours at the hotel, so it is a very busy hotel.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 06:56 PM
topper

To the top!!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:56 AM
Renee

Dale, <BR> <BR>There are many other hotels in London to choose from, and I would not choose this one. Unless they have had a recent renovation, the place is worn, but the lobby is nice. <BR> <BR>I don't think the area around there is as pretty as other parts of London, and it is, as Lidija said, it's very busy, with various tour groups coming and going. <BR> <BR>Why not try for a typical B&B (you could get great suggestions by doing a search on the forums site here) or a hotel that might be a little smaller, but has more ambiance?

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 01:18 PM
Joe

We stayed there in '92 also. I like the location - - next to Russell Square in Bloomsbury - - but it was a big, rather shabby modern place. I would probably have gone back because of the good price, but my wife has refused to. We've stayed since at the Hotel Harlingford, which is a couple blocks away, and liked it.