Reload this Page >

Royal Jordanian Airlines...Anyone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 10:32 AM
help me please

I would like to know anything you call tell me about this Airline. Love it....Hate it... good experiences....bad experiences. Thank you!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 02:02 AM
HELPME!!!

I figured I would ask again because I have an excellent fare to Europe on this airline. As a first timer, I thought I would ask all the posters here what they thought. A million thanks!!!!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 02:23 AM
Michelle

I've flown Royal Jordanian on three occasions from various Middle East locations into and out of Amman - I therefore don't know about long haul. Royal Jordanian are OK. Food, considering it's airline food, is good, seat space adequate, service good. I've only been delayed once in six flights (5 hours in Amman but that was due to a shamaal so you can hardly blame the airline). I'm pretty sure smoking was allowed (but then most ME airlines let you smoke). I say, if the price is right, go for it, however, you might get more people to answer if you ask on the Middle East board.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 03:33 AM
Rex

Clueless, <BR> <BR>I don't think that visitors here are prejudiced with regard to you, your question or RJ airlines. There is simply no one with the relevant experience you seek - - so far. I can tell you that RJ has often gotten favorable ratings on the www.frommers.com newsletter online - - but that's not the same as a personal (anecdotal?) report. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 03:45 AM
clueless

thanks!!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 04:28 AM
Michelle

OK I've given this a bit more thought. If I had to rate Royal Jordanian against other ME airlines (of which I've flown 6), RJ would come (in my estimation) second or joint second. Does that help? But please keep in mind, I don't fly RJ long haul.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 04:30 AM
Sandi

** <BR>Clueless: <BR> <BR>Guessing that you're actually flying in/out of London??? Seen on Frommers that a good way to get deals to London (& some other major European cities) are to fly on carriers like Royal Jordanian or Air India. Both make a pitstop in Europe on their way to/from their respective continents - and often a cheap fare can be had on the to/from Europe leg. <BR> <BR>Anyone else fly an airline not usually associated with Europe, specifically?

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 04:32 AM
clueless

I was thinking of JFK to European locations of which they fly direct namely Ireland, Paris or Holland. I guess 8 hours an any aircraft in coach would be a challenge, but I do know their fares are pretty terrific!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 01:56 PM
sven

I have not flown the airline, but I do know that Royal Jordanian have some excellent fares for Chicago-Amsterdam. Try using the search feature at Eurotrip.com's cheap flights message board--there are some posts there from RJ travellers, mostly very positive. Royal Jordanian codeshare with TWA I believe for JFK-AMS, too, and participate in TWA's frequent flyer programme.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 04:41 AM
topper

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:10 AM
you helped

Thanks: <BR>I went to Eurotrip.com and read some positive things about RJ. As a result, I booked and got a terrific fare to Amsterdam in Early June. Now I can splurge on a great Hotel.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Topper

For Gerry K.