Rome-Venice-Florence

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Gerry K

Rome-Venice-Florence

I would like to visit the three cities during a forthcoming trip and was wondering how much time I should spend in each. (I'm retired, and although not what one would call "rich", I'm not a "budget" traveler either.) I was considering about two weeks altogether. Any suggestions?

Cheers, and thanks in advance,

Gerry K

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Linda

Two weeks sounds perfect for your trip. Though others may disagree with me (I expect that since travel is such a personal experience), I would spend five days in Rome, four in Venice, and five in Florence. The four in Venice will give you time for a day trip to Verona, and the time in Florence will leave you time for day trips to Pisa and/or a few of the Tuscan towns (Sienna, Assisi, etc.)
Now, do you have room for me in your suitcase? Heck, forget that, will you take me along as a suitcase carrier? Your trip sounds wonderful.

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:20 PM
Diane

I agree with Linda... Have a great time.

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:25 PM
SecondIt

I think Linda's right as well!

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Rex

I feel like I have corresponded with both of you - - either privately, or here on the board (maybe it is as little as your responses to the "pin tally") - - but in any event, there remains an open invitation to go to Italy on the fall fodorites' trip - - and there is newly updated info (minor itinerary revisions) on the webpage I created at www.rexbickers.italy.com - - we are making progress sure and steady for hotel reservations in all the cities you mention - - and a lot more, of course (our trip will focus somewhat more on "lesser known" destinations - - because of the villa we have rented on Lake Garda, Sep 22-29.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jul 8th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Gerry K

Thanks to each of you for the help. Your unanimity certainly makes things easier for me.

And, Rex, I do appreciate the offer, but I'm going to these destinations to see my son perform with his high school's Madrigal Choir. (That will probably refresh your memory regarding prior communications.)

Thanks, Linda.

Cheers,

(mr) Gerry K