Reload this Page >

Rome to Florence to Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 1998, 09:29 PM
Jennifer Tang

Would appreciate suggestions for daytrips and or stops from Rome, Florence and Venice. Would also appreciate suggestion for scenic/romantic routes to take between these major cites.

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 07:19 PM
Boris

Don't miss Perugia - home of Baci chocolates, Assisi, Orvieto - great white wine, Siena, Bologna for the food, Ravena for the mosaics.

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 09:10 PM
charles

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 09:13 PM
Charles

Avoid the highway!!!
You will miss the best part of Italy.
Anything of the beaten path is recommendable
, if you have time, drive through the Chianti area

Old Apr 9th, 1998, 04:30 PM
kam

I agree with all of the above, however, I hope you have lots and lots of time! Verona is very romantic just outside of Venice. You can spend a week in Rome, at least a week in Umbria (Perugia, Assisi etc), another week in small hilltowns of Tuscany ( San Gimignano, Arezzo, Radda, Greve, Caprese Michellangelo, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Montefalco), another week in Florence itself and another week in Verona and Venice. That's 5 weeks total! I don't want to be doom and gloom but I think you need to choose one of the 3 cities and do daytrips from there. The autostrade are ugly, but they're fast and convenient. You need to do more research. Good luck!

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 01:03 PM
Lori S.

From Rome take a day trip to Pompeii. The ruins are absolutely fascinating. About 3 hours south of rome, you could rent a car, or take a day bus trip. We took a bus trip that included Naples, Pompeii, and Sorrento. Would rather have rented a car, skipped Naples, spent more time in Pompeii, and stayed overnite in Sorrento. Don't miss Pompeii if you can help it.

Old Apr 15th, 1998, 05:48 AM
Adam Keidl

My wife and I are going to Italy in October. We will be in Florence, Assissi ending in Rome for five nights. Our "official" tour will end then but we want to stay another four nights. We have considered Venice but also know there are many other beautiful places to visit in Italy. Any suggestions for us for four more days?