Reload this Page >

rome to florence

Search

rome to florence

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:08 AM
goingin4wks

rome to florence

Hi, <BR>This board has been so useful in my planning so far. However, I am still not certain about how to get to Florence from Rome (FCO) airport. Would I have to take the train to Rome termini and then catch another train to Florence or will there be trains at the airport that will take you to Florence? <BR>Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:13 AM
Paulo

You'll have to switch trains at Termini ... not a big deal. Total travel time from the aiport should be around 2:30 hours. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:14 AM
mauld

I have not yet done that trip personally, but will be doing in May 4th. From what I understand, you must take an express train from the airport to the main station in Rome (Termini), from there, I believe there are very frequent trains up to Florence.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:35 AM
Jane

Be sure to take the fastest train from Florence, it's an FS I believe, it doen't stop at all of the towns along the way and will get you to Rome in about 2 1/2 hours. The shuttle takes about 1/2 hour, so add some time onto that, and you should leave Florence about ~4 hours before you need to check in at the terminal, which is usually 2 hours before your flight.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:39 AM
Jane

Sorry, I reread your post, and realized your going from Rome to Florence, not the other way around. Reverse the above advice and ignore the checkin. <BR> <BR>It's pretty easy to find the shuttle, follow the signs, or even the crowd as most people are going to the shuttle. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:08 PM
sherry

After picking up your baggage at FCO, follow signs to the train. There is a small ticket office located in this area of the airport. Purchase your ticket from FCO to the Rome Termini and also purchase your ticket to Florence at the same time. They are very helpful and not usually as crowded and confusing as the Termini. A trip from the airport to the Termini on the express train and a ticket from the Rome Termini to Florence on the Eurostar in second class will cost you about L70,000. Get the ticket to the Termini stamped at the box before you board the train. You cannot miss it. When you arrive at the Termini, check to see the track number of the Eurostar to Florence. It is posted on a board. In second class on this flight, there is no seat assignment. Also, have your ticket stamped at the box before boarding the train. Second class for this trip of 1 1/2 hours is fine. Trains are very frequent. It was easy after someone on the Forum helped me before I did it the first time. Hope this helps.