Reload this Page >

Rome: taxi or train from airport??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Diane

There are 2 of us, so that helps with the cost of a taxi a bit... but is the traffic so bad that we're better off taking the train? (we'll be arriving early on a Saturday morning, about 8 am). Thanks!

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Patrick

I've done both (always at least two of us) and I will never again take the train. It seems that the taxi from the train station to my hotel (usually near Piazza Navonna) is nearly half what the total taxi bill from the airport is. Added on to two train tickets from the airport, I'd just as soon take a taxi the entire way and if anything pay only a very small difference for the convenience.

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Leslie

Agree completely with Patrick. Take a cab for about $40 or one of the car services and skip the hassle of the train station-to-taxi transfer of yourselves and your luggage.<BR><BR>Now, I must admit, Italian cab drivers can sure be wild drivers, but we found them to all be quite nice and honest. Just avoid the phoney cab drivers at the airport that approach you in the baggage area. Just walk out to the front of the airport and get one of the official yellow and white cabs in the queue.

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Jody

I use www.limoservicerome.com <BR><BR>37 Euros door to door, and very skillful drivers. We were in our hotel about 25 minutes after leaving airport and it was a weekday during rush hour<BR><BR>If you do use a taxi, make sure it is an offical one ..it will have a medallion on the door with SPQR <BR><BR>I'd still go with the limo though , flat rate , no meter running if you happen to get caught in a jam!

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Kay

Diane,<BR>another option for you - we were in Rome in March and when we arrived booked a shuttle transfer at the Hotel Reservations Desk at the airport. (I had the hotel name and address written down so we wouldn't have too many language hassles.) There were about 3 of these desks I saw and where we booked there was a large sign up with details of the Airport/Hotel and Airport/Termini shuttle. Price was 10.50 Euro each one way and they run about every half hour. They dropped us at the hotel door. We also rang them at the end of the trip and they picked us up to return to the airport. Good value we thought.<BR>Kay