Reload this Page >

Rome-Stazione Termini

Search

Rome-Stazione Termini

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 04:56 PM
Emmy

Rome-Stazione Termini

I am planning to meet someone at Stazione Termini in Rome in a few weeks. They will be coming in from the airport. I am arriving the prior day. Where is a good place to tell them to meet me ? Is there one tourist information booth ? Appreciate any suggestions from someone who is familiar with the station. Thanks !!

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 06:16 PM
lisa

Emmy, <BR>The Stazione Termini is a very chaotic place! I'd suggest meeting your friend right outside the main entrance...much less congested! There are quite a few information booths and right now they're doing some extensive renovation. <BR>Good luck! <BR>Lisa

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 07:23 AM
hamlet

One suggestion is to meet at the baggage storage place. Since there is construction going on there, and it might be hard for one arriving from inside the building to decide what is the main entrance, and there could be more than one information booth, I think it might be easier to meet at wherever the station holds bags for people. This has worked for me in the past.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 06:09 PM
Anna

There is a McDonald's inside the station, I would suggest meeting there.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 05:47 AM
Carol

How about the taxi stand at the front entrance?

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 11:29 AM
pam

How about near the ancient Roman wall outside the main entrance?

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 12:55 PM
Richard

Emmy, Why not meet at the airport? After a long flight a familiar face is a welcome sight at the arrival lounge. It will also give you a chance to scope out the train from the airport to the Termini relieving 'someone' from that chore. In any case, scams abound at the Termini, keep your luggage in hand at all times. The Metro is great and will get you close to wherever you want to go. Cabs are outrageous, our bus from the Termini to our hotel in Trastevere was 1/20th the quoted cab fare.

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:12 PM
Emmy

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm arriving the day before, meeting family members the next day and then we are taking the train to Cortona. It will be hard to judge the time, so I may have a long wait. Perhaps McDonald's would be best if there is only one. If there is only one baggage pickup area that is a possibility also. I will have to get an opinion from family for the final decision. Looking forward to my first trip to Italy and the wedding of my neice.

Old Nov 13th, 1999, 02:49 AM
lillian

watch your wallet,,,,,,(not to stereotype but i lost mine there)

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 06:05 PM
Emmy

I just returned from a great trip to Italy. <BR>Now that I have been there, I would suggest meeting someone in the main part of the station. Perhaps near the phones to the right of the large book store as you face to main entrance after entering from the trains. Meeting at the McDonald's inside the station would have been OK, however my hotel never gave me the message that my sister would be 6 hours late. That McDonald's is across from the police and information office. The tables were upstairs, which I couldn't manage with my luggage. I stood for 7 1/2 hours except for a few quick trips to the phone and to check the other McDonald's outside the station, just in case they were there by mistake. I was so afraid they would come while I was at the phones. It would also be good for the person to know that you would take a break for 10 min on the hour, if it is a long wait. <BR>Except for that problem. Rome and Cortona were great. We were visited by the gypsie girls near the colosseum in a small park overlooking the forum. It was near dusk. We were prepared and had our valuables safely hidden. They moved on and approached a couple with their newspaper. The 2nd one lifted his sweatshirt and tried to reach into his pocket. They were brushed off quickley. The ones we saw looked to be about 15 and had a boy of about 9 with them. I would recommend finishing sightseeing before dusk. This web site has been a great help in preparing me for my first trip to Italy. The Morgana hotel was very nice and Cortona was charming. <BR> <BR>