Rome/Paris Honeymoon in December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiancé and I are going to fly into Rome and out of Paris in December for our Honeymoon.
We will be there from Dec. 5 – 21, 2005…

What is the best way to get from Rome to Venice? Also, any way we can make it to Positano or Orvieto w/ still enough time to enjoy Rome & Venice?

Also, would it be pushing it if we try to add a little side trip to Amsterdam from Paris??

Italy & France in December? Too cold, or still enjoyable??

Any advice would be so appreciated – we are so inexperienced & confused.!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you...
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 10:27 AM

You have a little over two weeks. You could reasonably fit three, possibly four stops into your itinerary. If you are starting in Rome you can take the train to Venice - it is about 5 hours. Orvieto should be on the way, although maybe not a direct shot. I would go to Paris from Venice and decide while you are in Paris whether you want to take a day trip to Amsterdam. It can be done by train. I would skip Positano this time. Italy and Paris are enjoyable at any time of the year! Happy Honeymoon and happy travels.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:10 PM

I love Italy in December! The tourists are gone, prices are down and the weather is just fine with me.

I agree that the train to Venice is your best option. But, I flew on Volare from Rome to Paris and it was great! It just does not make sense with your itinerary.

I would not add Amsterdam to the mix. I think Rome, Venice and Paris are enough, except that you are leaving out my favorite city, Florence, which I think is very romantic! And it is on the way to Venice from Rome.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:20 PM
ira

Hi N,

>What is the best way to get from Rome to Venice? <

On the choo-choo. See www.trenitalia.com for schedules and tickets.

>any way we can make it to Positano or Orvieto w/ still enough time to enjoy Rome & Venice? <

Positano will be closed.

Orvieto is an easy daytrip by train from Rome.

> would it be pushing it if we try to add a little side trip to Amsterdam from Paris?<

I'm assuming that you will want 6 days in Rome (including Orvieto), 3 days in Venice, and 6 days in Paris - Amsterdam is doable, but not recommended.

See www.sncf.com for schedules and tickets.

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:31 PM
ira

PS,

You can fly cheaply from Venice to Paris Orly on http://web4.myair.com/docs/cust/en/index.shtml