Reload this Page >

Rome or Florence on Sunday?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 05:24 AM
Justin

Is Sunday a total wash? We are trying to plan our Itinerary, and we can either stay in Rome 4 nights and travel to Florence on Sunday for only leaving that day and two others. Or, stay in Rome for 3 nights traveling to Florence on Saturday and staying for 3 additional days.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Ed

There's lots open on Sunday in Rome, far more than on Monday which is the more troublesome day. On either day, though, you'll find more than enough top-notch things to do with just a little planning. <BR> <BR> <BR>Among things open on Sunday, St. Peter's, Castel San Angelo (Castel San Angelo), Roman Forum, Imperial Fora, Capitoline Museums, Pantheon, San Pietro in Vincoli (Michaelangelo's Moses), Nero's Golden House (Domus Aurea), Borghese Gallery, Galleria Doria Pamphilj, National Gallery fo Art, National Museum of the Baths, Museum of Roman Civilization, Villa Giulia (Etruscan Museum), Ara Pacis, Ostia Antica. <BR> <BR>You'll find a more complete list of sights with open hours and days at <BR>www.twenj.com/romehours.htm <BR> <BR>Note: hours/days change more often in Rome than anywhere I know. It is important to check when you arrive in Rome. Most newstands carry a magazine like "This Week in Rome" which lists hours/days. Many hotels provide such a magazine or listing in their rooms or lobbies. <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:18 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Justin, Monday is the problem in both Rome and Florence--take heed !

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 02:34 PM
Arnold

Sunday is a perfect day to do the San Lorenzo market. Not all the stalls are open but more than enough to keep you busy.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 04:48 PM
deb

Arnold, <BR> <BR>Is the San Lorenzo market in Rome or Florence? <BR> <BR>Thanks, DFW 9/7/01

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Justin

Thanks for all your help - what I am trying to figure out is Should I spend 4 nights in Rome traveling to Florence on Sunday? Or,only 3 nights in Rome and 4 in Florence?

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 07:20 PM
MJ

I would definatly spend more time in Rome. In my opinion, Florence is good for 2 days. A wonderful town, but if you plan to spend more time, you must either love to shop, or look into a tour of the wine country & areas beyond. <BR> <BR>There are some great days trips from Florence. However, depending on your interest, Rome has far more sites to see. <BR> <BR>