Reload this Page >

Rome in late May

Search

Rome in late May

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:35 AM
Heather

Rome in late May

We will be in Rome for 4 nights in late May. Is it essential for us to find a hotel with air conditioning? I have a hard time sleeping if it's too warm, and I'm not sure if it gets cool enough at night that time of the year (plus, I would not want to open the windows to get air if it's noisy outside). What do you think??

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
gac

Yes, as it often gets quite hot in Italy around mid to late May (sometimes for only a couple of days). Most hotels in Rome do have a/c, although it won't necessarily be turned on in late May.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:44 AM
crab

I was in Rome last mid May and it was hot. It was confortable walking out and about but you diffently need it at night to be confortable in your room.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:29 AM
Heather

Thanks for the advice. I assume it is worth the extra cash to pay for a room with A/C knowing the weather could demand it.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Marilyn

Heat and air conditioning are regulated through the Italian government and may not be available then. On the shoulder season frequently neither are available. M.