Reload this Page >

Rome in February

Search

Rome in February

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 10:31 AM
jeanne

Rome in February

Hi. We're going to Rome in February. Has anyone stayed at a Caffelletto or the Inn at Spanish Steps? If so, a recommendation? And, we have a couple of days to travel around - should we head to Positano? or Capri?

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 05:40 AM
Maira

Jeanne-- when in Feb are you going? I will be staying mid-Feb at Hotel Forte off Via Margutta, 2 blocks from the Spanish Steps. I am also planning day trips to Assisi abd Pompeii.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 07:27 PM
Denise

We will be in Rome Feb. 16 - 24. Staying at the Hotel Pace Helvezia on Via Noviembre 4. Our travel agent booked it, but I haven't heard anyone else mention it. Has me a little concerned.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 09:21 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Denise <BR>The Hotel PACE HELVETIA is located just <BR>facing the Pza Venezia, which is by the <BR>Wedding Cake and at the foot of the Corso. It is a four star hotel. It is <BR>within walking distance of the Roman <BR>Forum, the Coleosso, the Spanish Steps, <BR>the Trevi Fountain, the Rotunda and the <BR>Pza Navona all within less than 20 mins <BR>walk. Go into www.travel.it/roma/pacelve/pacelve/html. <BR>for further information. Also I don't <BR> normally reply to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx web <BR>addresses, don't think that is right. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:03 PM
Denise

Richard, <BR> <BR>Thanks so very much for your insightful information! We were so unsure about the hotel and location not having "heard" much about it from other travelers. It relieves me just knowing others know it exists! <BR> <BR>I apologize for the xxx.xxxxx email address. I, unfortunately, have been victimized by posting my address in public forums, so I'm careful. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your kind and generous response.

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 11:15 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Denise <BR>If you wish a list of ristoranes which <BR>we have used in Rome for many years back, drop me an e mail and will send it to you when I get back to Chicago. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Denise

Thanks Richard! I'd truly appreciate any information you're willing to share! <BR> <BR>Denise