Reload this Page >

Rome in February

Search

Rome in February

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 11:08 AM
D. Koronios

Rome in February

My friends and I are planning a trip to Rome (and maybe Venice) in mid-February, which we know is the "off" season. Can someone tell me how the weather usually is and if this is a good time of year to be in Rome? <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 12:50 PM
Marilyn Ham

I have been to both Rome and Venice at this time of year. Rome, being further south, is warmer--when we were there it was about 60 degrees. Venice was colder and damper. We took London Fog coats with zipped in linings, pants and long sleeved shirts, and light thermals, and we were very comfortable. Marilyn

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Paulo

Actually the period from February 16th to February 27th is the "highest" possible season in Venice (2nd week more than the 1st). Ever heard about the Carnevale di Venezia? The sooner you make your decision, the better. Hotel rooms tend to go very fast ... <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 10:19 AM
D. Koronios

Thanks so much for the info. I'm thrilled that I'll be in Venice for the Carnivale!! <BR> <BR>Doreen

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Helen Breen

Went to Rome during that week two years ago. It happened to be quite chilly that year. In fact, it had "snowed" a bit the night before our arrival. Regretted that I did not take a winter jacket. By the way, the Romans dress very elegantly - saw hundreds of beautiful fur coats. Some years it is much warmer at that time I am sure. Took two day trips - one to Florence and one to Capri. The weather was great for touring. Would recommend tours of Vatican and ruins with American Express. They are located near the bottom of the Spanish Steps. Enjoy Rome - Helen

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Carol

I was in Rome last February 22-28th and the weather was gorgeous--sunny and in the 50's. Most of the time I wore a blazer and a lined raincoat very comfortably.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 07:48 AM
Mami

Carol - I was there when you were last year and you are absolutely right - the weather was GORGEOUS for walking. The day you left (the 28th) it was so warm we wore t-shirts most of the day. The next day it drizzled all day, but even then it was still in the 50s. BTW - where did you stay?

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Carol

A friend and I went on an Italiatours package which was fantastic. We stayed at the Colonna Palace which is on the Piazza Montecitorio facing the National Assembly building. The piazza is now closed to traffic and very quiet. The hotel is a four-star hotel with a lovely roof terrace and breakfast room (too cold to eat outside, but great for photos). Breakfast was buffet and included in the package. Our room was large by European standards, with a big tiled bathroom (tub & shower). The location was perfect for me--within walking distance of just about everything except the Vatican. This year, I'm doing an Italiatour package to Venice at the beginning of March. If you research the hotels in advance, you'll find there are some very nice ones offered.