Reload this Page >

Rome in February

Search

Rome in February

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 01:20 AM
pam

Rome in February

About to set off on holiday in the next week and a bit unsure of what to wear at this time of year.Is it likely to be really cold or will a jacket over a blouse and skirt be enough? I don't want to overpack!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Pam

Please help!!!!!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Doug Weller

That was enough for us last February.<BR>See http://www.weather.co.uk/weather/local/ITXX0067<BR><BR>SOme days next week the high will be around 13 (Centigrade), low though around 2. That's the problem, warm days (and partly cloudy), cool evenings.<BR>It won't be really cold though I'd say. Unless you really feel the cold you'll be ok.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Pam

thanks Doug- that is a useful site!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Book Chick

Pam,<BR>I returned from Rome 2 weeks ago. The best advice I was given was to take my raincoat with the zip-in lining, layer my clothes & make sure I have a couple of pairs of footwear in case my feet get wet.<BR><BR>I live in Michigan & I thought the weather in Rome in January was gorgeous! It never snowed or rained & a friend just e-mailed me that they haven't had any appreciable precipitation in 3 months now! Naturally, some days were cooler & more overcast than others, but the Roman sun can be quite warming.<BR><BR>I hope you have a lovely time!<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 07:26 PM
pam

thanks Book Chick- I know I will have a good time!!!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:42 AM
A.

Just returned from Rome 3 days ago. I thought the weather was perfect. Most days were sunny and warm - around upper 50s to upper 60s farenheit. There were a couple of rainy days, but it was usually a light rain and not really cold. I found that layers was the way to go. I found turtlenecks, light wool sweaters, a fleece vest and a waterproof shell/jacket to be very serviceable. It got cool in the evenings when the sun went down, but there were a few mornings that we were able to sit out on the terrace having our espresso in the sunshine.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 11:48 AM
sam

ttt

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Linda

We were in Rome in February two years ago and the weather was delightful. Needed a jacket during the day. When the sun went down it got cold. I was then thankful for gloves. Last year, we were in Venice and Florence (same time of Feb.) We had snow and rain and bitter cold, yet the week before had been in the 80's. Bottom line is bring a jacket and some layers that you can peel off if it gets too warm. Hopefully you will have mild sunny days, but prepare for the worst. You may want to bring some slacks. You will see lots of leather. Black seems to be a favorite color. The people dress stylishly so I would leave the jeans and tennis shoes at home.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:01 PM
nina ansel

Just returned from Rome and we were luck enought to have a beautiful week. WE ate outside everyday except one. Only needed a light jacket. It was near 65 degrees. The best thing to do is to dress in layers. I was never cold.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
pam

thanks for the further advice! I really didn't think that it would be as mild as that!