Rome in 2 days

Nov 20th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Jenn

Rome in 2 days

I am going to Rome with a co-worker for two days this weekend and want to see as much as possible - any ideas on what to see and how to fit it all in???

Regards
Jenn

Nov 20th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Grasshopper

Jenn,

Day one Ancient Rome (forum, colloseum, parthenon) Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, shopping area. Day two Catholic Rome (St. Peter's, Vatican Museum) Or switch the order if things are not open onthe right days.

Nov 20th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Capo

Hi Jenn. I'd basically agree with Grasshopper's recommendations. The only thing I'd add would be that if *I* had only two days in Rome, I probably wouldn't spend one of them entirely in Catholic Rome. St. Peter's is breathtaking (even more so than I thought) and the Vatican Museums contain amazing works of art (especially, of course, the Sistine Chapel), but I would spend at least part of my second day seeing more of ancient Rome, and just experiencing life on the wonderful streets and piazzas.

Day one Ancient Rome (forum, colloseum, parthenon) Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, shopping area. Day two Catholic Rome (St. Peter's, Vatican Museum) Or switch the order if things are not open onthe right days

Nov 20th, 2001, 03:46 PM
dan woodlief

One day: Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiori, Colosseum, and Forum. I would do the ancient part in the morning and end with the rest. Make sure to check the hours of the Pantheon and hit that first.

Second day: Very early visit to St. Peters (I believe it still opens at 7:00) and then as much of the Vatican Museums as you can see (I think they close fairly early this time of year); then take the metro over to Piazza del Popolo and walk to Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.

Nov 29th, 2001, 07:20 PM
meg

I reco. the 110 bus tour. It's a good deal and stops near all the major attractions. You can get on and off as much as you want and busses come to each stop every 30 min. Cheaper than taxis and less hassle/WAY more comfy than public transport. (The Rome subway cars are not air conditioned).