Search

rome hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
pam

rome hotels

Has anyone stayed at: Hotel Des Artistes, Hotel Villa Del Parco or Hotel Luxor? What about the famous Marco's Italian B&B that people on Rick Steves' board talk about? Have a family of four, prefer no smoking atmosphere. Any reports on these places would be appreciated!<BR>Pam<BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:40 PM
Maria

I have a strong suspicion that the Marco's posts may have been contributed by the owner. I have seen a few other coments about that place that aren't as favorable. Plus you would have to share a bathroom and the location is not that great. Check out www.cross-pollinate.com for B&B's that have a better reputation.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:53 PM
Tom

The April 2002 issue of National Geographic Traveler has an article on "12 Rome Hotels Under $135"<BR>Regards - Tom

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Pam

Thanks -- I was curious if those comments were fabricated. Anyone stay at these other hotels?<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 02:05 PM
2-4-6--01

I stayed at the Hotel Des Artistes last summer and found it to be quite nice. Most accomodating staff and nice rooms. Some in my party had a room with bath and I used communial bath which was quite adequate. I don't recommend this Hotel for seniors.