Search

Rome Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 09:12 PM
laura

Rome Hotels

Last minute trip to Rome for 8 days - any hotel suggestion please? In the price range of 150 - 200/night USD). has anyone heard of the Napoleon?<BR>Appreciate your help.<BR>Laura

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Tom

If the Napoleon is the one on Piazza Vittorio I'd shy away from it; this square is pretty run down these days and not too safe. You can do much better with, say, the Nazionale, the del Senato, the Tiziano or the Genio--all in the historical center.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 10:42 AM
x

Rome? Wow, you are so brave I guess you mean Rome, ITALY!!! Double wow! Hey, no one here has ever been there before, tell us all about it when you return like how it is to pay in lire, how the pizza is, did Mussalini really get the trains to run on time?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Carol

<BR>We stayed at two hotels in Rome and one is in your price range...the Portoghesi. The other is just a bit more expensive...the Colonna Palace. I would recommend both. If you have any questions, write me.<BR><BR>If you can, write to Tom and try to book a tour with Scala Reale. We just loved our tour with them and will do it again next time...hopefully sooner rather than later.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:06 PM
yyy

X, you're pretty damned smart-mouthed for somebody who can't spell Mussolini and doesn't know that the lire is no longer used. Maybe you should be the one to go Rome and learn a little more about Italy.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Rex

Carol,<BR><BR>I am quite interested to hear more about the Portoghesi - - even though I have no plans to go to Rome anytime soon. There are scant reports about it here - - and mixed reviews at that.<BR><BR>Would you/could you elaborate?<BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Tracy

Hotel Navona was nice, and affordable. I don't remember exactly what we paid but we did have a private bath and it was clean with a nice owner. He was in the process of renovating when we left, though, so prices might have gone up. Hopefully the renovations didn't do away with the charm.