Rome Hotels

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:00 AM
Gunther

Rome Hotels

Is anyone familiar with the following hotels in Rome?
Albergo Santa Chiara
Albergo Cesari
Hotel Portoghesi
Hotel Manfredi
Can you comment on the location, decor and overall experience. Thanks

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:06 AM
elaine

Hi
The first three for sure have been mentioned many times on this message board; if you search for any of them by name you will find many postings.
I don't think I've read a bad thing about the Santa Chiara anywhere, and I've booked it myself for this fall.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:24 AM
Rex

To the top, for Gunther, along with the identical re-post, and my answer there.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:34 AM
Surlok

I wouldn't stay at the Portoghesi, I've heard bad things about it.

Friends of mine stayed at the Manfredi recently, I went there to meet them. It's wonderfully located, and was recently refurbished with very good taste. It stands very close to Piazza di Spagna, but the hotel is on the third floor of a building, so, you have to take the lift to get there.

My friends loved it, and I found the staff at the reception desk to be very helpful. I had lost the track of my friends, and they let me make phone calls to locate them, although I wasn't staying there, just dropped by.

Surlok

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:38 AM
Marj

Santa Chiara is in a great location. The lobby and public spaces are lovely. The rooms themselves are pretty basic. We were in a quad room (2 room suite for 4 of us) and had plenty of room. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. I would stay there again.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Barb

topping

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 07:57 AM
richardab

I also wouldn't saty at the Portoghesi. All of the other hotels you listed are good and in great locations. But.... have you tried the Hotel Due Torri? It is also a nice quaint hotels with great prices and a nice staff. I have pics and a link on my websight plus a bunch of info about Rome. Look!

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/