Rome Hotel and Tours

Mar 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Rome Hotel and Tours

Stayed in Rome at the Lancelot hotel which was very nice, the staff are great, good staff make a big difference. They sent me with Angel Tours Rome who gave us a wonderfull tour around Rome, they also spoke perfect english, not too expensive. A great hotel recommeded a great tour company, so I recommend them both.
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM

So, where in Rome is this hotel? How much per night? Sort of an unusual name for an Italian hotel, is there a story behind it?

Mar 27th, 2005, 11:53 AM

busted, indeed
bice appears to be part of the 'good staff'
Mar 27th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Angel Tours in Rome has had somewhere close to a zillion promotional posts in the past few months on various forums: particularly TripAdvisor and Rick Steves.
Mar 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM

I agree, Elaine...first and only post from bice.
Mar 27th, 2005, 04:42 PM

I've seen job openings on and off for Lancelot Hotel on the wantedinrome.com website...makes one wonder how good the staff is if there is such turnover.
Mar 28th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Im very very sorry, to the persons who think I work at the hotel, or whatever, I found the hotel here this website, why Have I been attacked like this. You can email me at anytime, I got good information and want to pass it on, its as simple as that, the hotel and the tours gave me a great trip in Rome.
Mar 28th, 2005, 04:47 AM

How long were you in Rome?
What else did you enjoy?
What restaurants do you recommend?
You traveled from where, to Rome?
We can email you, where?
Was this your first trip to Rome?
What other hotels had you considered?
The only other posting on Angel Tours on this forum appears to be yours; how did you find them?
Mar 28th, 2005, 06:23 AM

I have no idea who bice is, but I post here all the time and I want to defend Hotel Lancelot.

We have stayed here at least a half dozen times and I always recommend it if someone is looking for a hotel that is not too expensive and also not right in the Piazza Navona/Spanish Steps area. The staff is very helpful, we often take the half board and have a very nice dinner there, meeting the most eclectic group of people from all over the world. I think that the owners are Middle Eastern although they have been in Rome over 30 years, hence the name.

As to Angel Tours Rome, I don't have any knowledge, but they have recommended a driver who was fabulous, spoke perfect english and who we have refered others to who didn't even stay at that hotel, and they were happy with him.

Mar 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM

I just found the Hotel Lancelot website and am interested. My husband and I are going to Rome for the 1st time from Canada. Are the rooms fairly large? And, please describe the bathroom facilities as that seems to be an ongoing issue with hotels in Rome?
Mar 28th, 2005, 01:58 PM

They have rooms of all sizes. My favorite, and the largest ones, have a balcony, which I think that they charge a bit more for, maybe 15E extra, but in my mind well worth the cost. These rooms have got to be about 20 X20. Their bathrooms are just regular size but modern and updated, a hand held shower in a large tub. The smaller, cheeper rooms are of average size with a small bathroom, shower stall with the clinging shower curtain. The hotel is spotless.
Mar 28th, 2005, 02:00 PM

I have seen the hotel recommended in a few guide books and Conde Nast Traveler.
Apr 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Not sure if I want to answer all those questions. The Hotel and tour company have a great reputation, we also used there driver who was great. Also for anyone who has read Angels and Demons, you may be interested discovering the illuminati symbolsand secret signs on the angeltoursrome web site, I am sorry if anyone was offended. I am genuine.
Thanks.
Apr 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Hello, I went with Daphne of Three Millenia on the Wine Tour it was great! And then with Julia at Odyssey to see the Vatican, she is fun, knowledgeable and really friendly. I highly recommend both tours! Seeing Daphne again Friday for "Off the Beaten Path" Tour.