rome hotel

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 08:55 AM
john

rome hotel

please any information on the golden tulip ripa in rome....and the immediate area.....ex...distance to vatican..colusseum..etc

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Maira

According to their website The golden Tulip Ripa is about 0.8 km from St. Peter Basilica and the Vatican and 1 km
from the Colosseum/Roman Forum. Looks like a beautiful hotel.

http://www.goldentulip.com/live/welcome/21859

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Paulo

The hotel is located in the Trastevere quarter (Via Orti di Trastevere), some 800mts south of the fine Piazza and Basilica Sta. Maria in Trastevere, outside Trastevere walls. Personally I like Trastevere, a residential quarter, very much. In the evenings/night it's my preferred in Rome. I'd prefer to stay closer to Piazza Sta. Maria in Trastevere, though.

Anyway, except possibly for a stroll through the Tiber Island, Bocca della Verità and Ghetto to Campo de' Fiori (some 2,5 km), you'll hardly be able to walk to other sites. Bus #3 may take you from the hotel to the Colosseum in about 15-20 minutes. Bus #8 takes you to Largo Argentina and you may take it from there to many sites. To the Vatican it's about 2.5km uninteresting walking ... bus #8 above and bus #62 from Largo Argentina would be an option. Another one would be to step off bus #8 after crossing the Tiber at Ponte Garibaldi and take bus #23 thereafter.

Paulo

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Maira

Paulo--- their website state they are closer than that. Personally, I would go with your assessment ( you DO know Rome!). However, how could their estimate differ so much from yours?

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Paulo

If the address in their site is the actual location ... then they're lying, Maira

Now, there's a (unfortunately minor) possibility that this is the address of their office and that they have more than a single unit in Trastevere. The given address is also the address of 4-star Ripa Residence All Units (whatever this means).

Paulo