Search

Rome Honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Wende

Rome Honeymoon?

My future husband and I are considering going to Rome for our honeymoon. We are looking for suggestions on romantic hotels. It will be the first time in Italy for both of us. Would Rome be the best place to go or should we try somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 01:10 PM
Thyra

Wende, my husband and I were in Rome as strictly budget traveller's but I could recommend that you go to your local bookstore and just look through a copy of Fodor's Hotels of Character and Charm in Italy. It actually covers the entire country, so maybe you won't want to buy it unless you plan to go outside of Rome. But it has glorious pictures and might inspire you. I have used Fodor's books many times in the past and have not been disapponted, *knock on wood.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 01:24 PM
richard j vicekq

Good evening, Wende <BR>Have always used the De La Ville and the <BR>Plaza while in Rome, but neither can be <BR>considered Romantic. Check into the <BR>web for information on the Condotti 29 Palo Bianco Suite, via Del Condotti, 29 <BR>which is a three and a half star and <BR>it looks very interesting with a perfect <BR>location just near the Bottom of the Spanish Steps. <BR>www.italyhotels.it <BR>www.venere.it <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>//hoteldiscount.com/ <BR>If you want a couple of ristorante recommendations, drop me a line and will <BR>send same to you. Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 01:29 PM
Harrison

Wende, <BR> <BR>You will love Rome...what a great place to visit. I would recommend the St. Regis. This is one special hotel. Being on your honeymoon, I'm sure you want to be pampered. The rooms are beautiful (newly renovated) and the staff is impeccable. We would make a call, and literally, less than 5 minutes, our request would be tended to.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Josh

Wende, <BR>we are also planning our honeymoon in Rome for autumn, 2001. We have been there before & it's an incredible city. In doing my research, I have found that the Amalfi Coast is a favorite of almost everyone who has been there, so I am also planning 3 or 4 days in Positano or Ravello. <BR>If you want top hotels, check out lhw.com (Leading Hotels of the World). They have several hotels listed for Rome, and a few for Amalfi Coast. This site also lists several hotels in both locations. <BR>Rome is like no other city in the world. I hope you love it as much as we do. <BR>