Search

Rome: Drivers for Hire

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2023, 12:07 PM
erp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome: Drivers for Hire

Hello, We are traveling to Italy for a wedding. We are arriving in Rome and then immediately traveling to Urbino. We are interested in hiring a driver to take us to Urbino and then return to Rome a few days later.

Three different companies were recommended and I wanted to know if any fellow travelers have had experience with these companies. I've searched for reviews but all are very mixed, some old. Plus the feedback I receive from you are always helpful.

The companies are: Knopka Transfer, NCC Roma and Transfeero. I've reached out to them directly for quotes. I've asked type of car, if there is air conditioning, payment and cancellation terms. If you have suggestions on other questions, please let me know.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thank you so much.
Old Aug 9th, 2023, 02:00 AM

Knopka Transfer and Transfeero are just consolidators, middle men. The drivers either are free lance or work for Italian companies that have a commercial agreement with Knopka Transfer and Transfeero. Reviews are worth nothing in such cases.

NCC Roma simply means "Licensed Private Driver based in Rome". Many companies are called NCC-something , but they are different companies.

Could you take one of the few direct trains from Rome to Perugia? And meet there a driver sent by your hotel in Urbino? You'd save hundreds of Euro.
Old Aug 9th, 2023, 05:19 AM
erp
Original Poster

Thank you. Very helpful and makes sense. Many of the negative reviews were about lack of follow up from these companies when there was an issue.

I also received a personal reco for Italy limousine so I will get info from them.